Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14

Go down 
+6
canuckadamfan4eva
canear
teddyhugz
Spirit
Firecracker
Hathor
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81953
Registration date : 2008-08-09

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Nick has really stepped up tonight!

I would love a Jax and Nick finale!

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Stupid of Clark to say what he did. It's like he doesn't care what the fans like, his music and the way he sings is most important. He would never last in the music business.
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 pm

I just don't like Nick. I hope Jax wins. And she's from NJ, just a hope, skip and jump from me.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:15 pm

I hope Jax wins too! It would be the first NJ winner which would be cool.

Clark needs to realize the music biz has advisors for a reason.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41944
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 pm

I don't recall Phillip listening to a lot of advisors and he did just fine. 

There are obviously a lot of people out there like me who like Clark just how he is or they wouldn't be bussing him so hard to get their Jax/Rayvon final.  . 

Don't like Jax or Rayvon so that leaves Nick and Clark for me.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 pm

But Phillip was/is current. I only remember him rejecting fashion advice.

If Clark wins he will be signing with Scott. He is going to have to be open to Scott's advice. If he doesn't work with Scott it could be one album and done.

I am not sure they want Rayvon to win, but I am thinking they would rather Clark not win. I think Scott would prefer others to Clark.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Well they were pretty obvious with the bus tonight so we will just see if that backfires on them and one of their preferred ones goes home.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm late to the show and dbr didn't tape so missed he first performances. Saw Max, Mick and now Tysnna. Liked Nick the best but not really into it since Joey and Quentin are gone.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39626
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 pm

I haven't been very impressed or blown away by Jax as I imagined I would be. I think in some ways she peaked way too early. She was such a favorite and came on so strongly in the beginning but once it reached top 48 or 24 she began really losing steam for me. In saying all that I think tonight was probably her strongest week so far since we got to this stage in the competition. I loved her second performance last week and I do feel she continued with that this week. I once again preferred her second performance tonight much more than the first but overall it was a pretty solid night for her.

I loved Nick tonight. He was awesome on both songs. Boy keeps bringing it every week and he's just getting stronger!!!

I am bummed for Tyanna but I had a feeling it would be her though I hoped it would have been Rayvon instead so we could finally be rid of him. I wish we could have heard both songs for Tyanna as the one she gave tonight I was lacking for me. It wasn't her best. I am super proud of her though. She's so young but she's super talented. I know with more performing she'll get even better and stronger. I hope there are lots of good things waiting in the wings for her.

Clark had the right to stand up for himself tonight. All of them do. There are many who love him just as canear does and many who enjoy the music he's done on the show. I know I've enjoyed Clark this season. Maybe tonight wasn't his overall strongest but even so I thought he was good. I do agree that they bussed him pretty hard tonight. We'll have to wait and see what happens with that next week.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:47 am

It's not about have the right to speak up for yourself.  Everyone has that right.  Freedom of speech and all.  It is about trying to break into a super difficult business that is harder than ever to break into and be successful.  It is about being wise enough to listen to the people making big money in said business to help guide people into a successful recording career. 

If Clark will be content playing smaller houses and having a smallish career that is his choice indeed.  If he want a Kelly Clarkson type success (not gonna happen IMHO but who knows) you listen to the pros.  Scott is in the business of selling music.  Not booking people into coffee houses/bars. 

Clark doesn't have the buzz Adam did.  Adam started out doing things his way (AMAs, campy CD cover for examples) and how did that work out for him?  Cost him big time.  I bet he wishes he had listened more.  And Adam had/has a voice a thousand times better and performance skills Clark will never ever have.  And he still suffered for bad decisions. 

Clark is 22.  Just trying to get his career going.  It is foolish not to listen to advise.  Hey, Phillip didn't want to record HOME.  Can you even imagine had he not???  affraid

Clark may very well win this thing, but winning isn't everything.  Just ask Caleb, Candice, Lee, Ruben etc.

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am

They bused Clark? That is a surprise. Rayesha is still there. More lives that a cat.

Kate didn't even lament missing Idol last night.  With W and Joey gone only Nick interests me. Jax not so much any more. 

When Jax is good she is very good but most of her performances grate. Her voice can feel like chalk on the black board to my ears.

N
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 9:26 am

She is never like nails on a chalkboard to me. None of them are to me.  A few shrill notes from Rayvon and Clark for me.  I think all the kids this season could sing.  Daniel being the weakest. Qaasim wasn't a great singer, but his performance skills made up for it.  For the most part it has been an entertaining season. 

I just think we are headed for a two WGWG finale and neither are going to be breakout stars.  I think as long as they have good looking WGWGs who are not awful you know your winners early on. I am hoping Jax can shake things up but I am prepared for her to leave 3rd.  Maybe 4th if Rayvon keeps going.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:34 am

They bussed him HUGE, Hathor.  You will need to watch it to believe it when you get home.  

Jax grates on me as well but we all have different ears which is why most of us hardly ever agree!

Here are some great comments from MJ.

Quote :
’m beginning to feel like Charlie Brown with the football. Every year Idol is like Lucy, promising to hold the football, enticing me to run. And every year, the producers pull the damn ball away. Season 14 looked fantastic on paper. Talented, dynamic contestants. A new mentor that seemed to care about his job and the success of the winner. But once again, as we near the finale, Idol has turned into a trainwreck. For me this is the worst season of Idol ever. Much of the disaster can be blamed on the horrible format which has the singers anticipating a live performance and possible elimination at the same time. The result has been a weekly show that’s fraught with tension instead of excitement.

The worst, however, is the negativity. Back on season 12 when judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey were at each other’s throats, it became clear that Real Housewives like drama didn’t work on Idol. Unfortunately, the new producers didn’t get that memo. This season, we had a contestant eliminated after a judge initiated a confrontation with him. The scene might have been “real,” but it was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. This week, we had Scott Borchetta dressing down Clark Beckham in a video package. Once again. AWKWARD. That Scott had a point about Clark’s song choice and delivery, and that the singer took the stage and pretty much proved him right is beside the point. Should Clark have zipped it and compromised? Probably. But again–not the issue. It’s the over the top villain edit that Clark received that’s the problem. Scott has made it pretty obvious that his favorites right now are Jax and Nick Fradiani. He has also talked about viewers and the dilemma of steering their votes in the right direction. Undermining Clark’s front-runner status was clearly the aim here, and it probably worked. You know, Scott pays a lot of lip service to the integrity of the artist, and how they have the right to stand up for what they believe in. But in that video clip, Scott mocked and scolded Clark when he refused to do things Scott’s way. Oh, and big props to mentor Jay DeMarcus for playing Scott’s wingman. He knows who’s buttering his bread. Not so smart of Clark to walk right into that trap. But still…

When the Scott/Clark imbroglio went down, I was already pissed at how Tyanna Jones was eliminated. After Clark, Jax and Nick performed and were declared safe, Rayvon and Tyanna were called to the middle of the stage. Rayvon was declared safe and Tyanna performed one of the numbers she prepared for competition as her goodbye song. WHAT THE EFF. The girl spent all week rehearsing, and she doesn’t get to perform her songs properly? And an elimination smack dab in the middle of the show is anti-climatic. Either do it at the beginning or the end. But the best way to proceed, I think, would be to allow ALL the contestants to sing in random order. That way, they aren’t at the edge of their seats waiting to be called. They can relax somewhat before they perform. THEN call the bottom 2/3 to the stage and eliminate someone. Poor thing. At least she got a little goodbye package. I really miss the elimination show. It’s never coming back, because the show isn’t making any money. But I wish FOX would give Idol 30 minutes on Thursday to get it done.

Anyway. I’m so distracted by the drama, I am barely considering the music. See how that’s a problem? Clark had two mediocre performances this week, but I don’t think it, or even the Scott dustup is going to send him home, because he has people. Rayvon had one good song. Jax did herself a favor and sang two ballads this week. Nick delivered two solid performances. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was leading the votes.

It’s time for YOU to sound off. Vote for your favs, and let us know who YOU think is going home.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Canear please explain why Scott bused Clark? MJ isn't clear. I rarely ever agree with MJ but she is on point. The Q set up has me disillusioned and nit giving a fuck about Idol.

Scott wanted something different. I always got the sense he favored Jax, Q and Joey.
He probably doesn't want to be saddled with two WGWG in the finale.

Nick is more marketable musically than Clark. Also Nick is playing the game very well. Flew under the radar initially, has improved and he is picking songs very cleverly.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm

I honestly didn't think he got bussed that bad.  They always rave about his voice (way more than they should in my opinion) and his musicianship.  It was pretty much just about his song choice and how he was planning to perform it.  And it wasn't good and his fans at IDF didn't even like it.  Did him come off arrogant in the package?  Many think so.  But they didn't put the words in his mouth.  Sometimes you simply screw things up for yourself. Could they have not shown it?  Sure, but it was good TV and drama so ...... 

Yes, Nick is playing the game right and right now I think he performs circles around Clark.  Better song choices and better performance skills.  Still not Daughtry level in my book, but a lot better than he used to be. 

Besides, fans tend to vote harder when one is bussed anyway.  Simon wanted David Cook to win and pretty much sealed the deal for him when he ripped on him big time on final performance night as his fans were pissed!!  And Simon knew that would happen. 

I doubt last nights "bussing"  hurt Clark at all.  If his casual votes are lower than normal than that is because of the 4 I think he was the least interesting.  Rayvon's second song was beautiful!  Even I raved about it and sure have NOT been a Rayvon fan Laughing

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Hathor, I'm trying to find a Youtube with all the comments and you can judge for yourself. 

FC, I don't see how you can't call that bussing.  Scott sure came off as the arrogant one.  Clark is doing what feels right to him.  Maybe he has realized that working with Scott will not be his cup of tea but the exposure he has received on AI is what was important. 

The pimping of Jax last night was near sickening.  Jax this, Jax that and oh, Steven Tyler wants to sing with her on the Finale.  They had to mention that 20 times.  Rolling Eyes  Scott wants another Taylor Swift.......pretty obvious last night.

Back to searching for that Youtube.............
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 pm

I said he wasn't bussed that bad, not that he wasn't bussed. It's not like they told him he was crap like Simon would 😁

And I don't think they raved about Jax all night. They raved about Nick, called him the best of the night and peaking at the right time etc. And I only heard them talk about Steven singing with Jax once. Maybe there is somewhere on line I can rematch it. I must have missed a lot.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39626
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:18 pm

I personally find it odd how Scott was very pro Clark at the beginning but now he's going at him full force with an 8 wheeler in toe trying to knock him out and push him under. It speaks volumes if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:40 am

Jax has been Scott's Fav from the beginning. I think the show has been very strategic this year in,knocking out contenders.

I think they waited to,long to bus Clark and Nick is peeking at the right time.

Hey you guys where are the W interviews and Slazek and Lyndsey links.

Please
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:32 am

What are the "W" interviews??  shrugging

Looking for info on George Bush??  Razz

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:23 am

Q interviews
laughing
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:53 am

I am not interested enough to watch the interviews.  If I have time I will see if I can find some for you.  I will check his thread at IDF later.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:29 am

He truly had no fans at IDF.  There is not squat in his thread.  No posts since before he even left.

I found this when I Googled him:

http://tvline.com/2015/04/28/quentin-alexander-american-idol-interview-video/

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:05 am

I am sure Q didn't have fans on IDF wrong demo, older idol fans. On MJs and Slezek he did and on our private idol board he does.

I will locate his Slezek interview etc when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14    AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14  - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 14
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next