View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 69903
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:33 am

And this has been the problem and scandal in the figure skating world.  Corrupt judging.  Many scandals about it.  You just watch and see how high the scores are for the Russians and the underscoring for USA and Canadians.  There is already articles about conspiring to keep the Canadians from getting any medals. 

Rob doesn't believe any sport should be in the Olympics where the scoring can be played around with like that.  I remember many years ago during the Torvill and Dean era the American dance couple got scored way low by the Russian judge for an amazing routine.  The crowd went insane with booing.  Later on the judge said she scored them super low "because she didn't like their costumes!"  Seriously??  That is just crap!

Number of posts : 34024
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 am

Two words ............. Sale and Pelletier.  The system is better but far from perfect.  You talk about Meryl/Charlie being underscored.......how about Scott and Tessa?  Yes, she had the problem in the twizzle, but did they deserve to be 3 points back because of that?  And seriously, Pluschenko?   It is all still so subjective and room for collusion where the judges are concerned.  I totally believe it is still there.  While the Russian skaters are strong, no way should they be dominating this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

Number of posts : 13910
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 am

Scoring is always a problem in figure skating!!

The women's short was a joke. IMO the USA skater by far was so much better than her score.

Another GOLD for the USA in the Women's Snowboard down slop.

The Russian mens skater just had a huge bobble and I bet he still is scored high.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:39 am

I bet he is too. He jumps and poses........nothing in between. Now I remember why I disliked him so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 am

He is now in the #1 position and that is a JOKE. He was just not good. Slow and too much
posing and not enough skating.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 am

We can only pray it's not the same in the singles competition. Canada and US couldn't move up with the points the way they are so ultimately it doesn't matter but that's not the point. When he and Patrick skate head to head in the long program, I'm betting it will be no contest........and there are two other Japanese skaters that have the potential of beating him as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 am

USA in 3rd 9 points behind.  Evil or Very Mad  BULLSHIT That is pretty much insurmountable.

Canada has its work cut out for them as well.

I thought that the USA, Canada and Japan were all better than the Russian.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 am

Sisters with their medals!   cheers 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16946

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 am

um lets say 2002 and Irina Slutskya getting the silver over Michelle. Irina did not have a clean free skate and she almost fell on her freaking head after a jump. The judges scored her pretty much even with Sarah Hughes who had the two triple triple combos. Michelle really should of had her Gold but i knew it would not happen so it should have been Sarah Gold and Irina Bronze with Michelle getting Silver. The Russians even made a freaking stink to the Olympic committee that Irina was robbed the Gold and that Sarah didn't deserve it. Also in 2006 Sasha should not of got the Silver with how many falls she had in programs. Fumei Surguri deserved a medal that Olympics whether it be Silver or Bronze still not sure but she should have been on the podium. The gold medalist for the ladies that year was the one they got correct.

Canear I am mad about how they scored Meryl and Charlie with a very clean routine cause they scored them way to close to the score of Scott and Tessa who did have some bobbles. I do believe they were underscored to by the way. Since the two couples are coached by the same people it makes me think Paul Wylie and Nancy Kerrigan both getting jipped the medals they deserved and having Victor Petranco and Oksana Baiul win the gold over them and the kicker is even though different Olympcs a lot could of been country plus coaches,(those have been the word for awhile since 92 and 94). Paul and Nancy Americans coached by the Scotvolds Victor and Oksana Ukraine coached by same woman coach.

Shannon  praying  shannonangel 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:22 am

Oh don't even get me started on how Paul soooooo  should have won the Gold!!!!!!!!!  Still pisses me off!!

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:44 am

Firecracker wrote:
Oh don't even get me started on how Paul soooooo  should have won the Gold!!!!!!!!!  Still pisses me off!!

Me to! He so should of had that gold. The reason that was given for him not getting the gold was he never won a National championship or got a World Medal which is said to be like your calling card that you deserve to highest medal. I can almost believe this is part of the reason cause Judges are stingy with their marks and some are snobs so if you don't have the medals they discount you as not deserving. They forget he almost won a National chapionship but just lost out to Todd Eldredge. He has three silver and two bronze at the nationals. Paul outskated the skaters that night and was the only skater to get the crowd off their feet but the judges were stupid and handed the gold medal to a man who had a slow and sloppy,(he fell), and very boring routine who had the medals,(Olympic bronze, World Medal, National champ, medaled at Europeans). Just not right Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Shannon  praying shannonangel 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Well so far in skating the same bullshit scoring is happening. No way no how should Russia be #1 with the falls, mistakes, slow and less difficult routines.

I did really enjoy the young Russian skater who skated in the red coat. But otherwise, the Canadian team and USA team and the Japanese team was better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36618
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:55 pm

I almost don't even want to watch the men's freeskate which will be airing soon here as part of the afternoon coverage. The idea of having to sit through Plushenko's routine is so unappealing.

canear, Tess and Scott should have earned more as well. I do agree with you there.

We must hope big time that the individual events will tell the real tale. There are many far superior skaters over Plushenko.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Well the Italian skater just fell.  He was much better but watch him get scored way down for the fall.
 Evil or Very Mad 

Young American Skater Jason Brown is up next. He is from Boston!! Only 19. I loved his short program.  So much energy and technicality.  He received a score way lower than  Plushenko who fell on his butt.

Last edited by Hathor on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Damn he was doing so excellent but fell!! No

Too bad he was perfect.

Of course his scores were overly LOW.

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Kevin Reynolds jumps are amazing. But IMO he was not near as exciting to watch as Jason.

He needs more artisty but both Jason and Kevin were better IMO than Plushenko.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Hathor, Jason Brown is from Highland Park, IL.   He is a local boy here and his family is shown on the news.

Quote :
Early years and junior career
Brown began skating at age three and a half,[1] when his mother enrolled him and his sister in Learn to Skate classes at Centennial Ice Arena in Highland Park, IL., where he was taught by Quinton Clemons and Yasmin Fatah, among others.[2] He has been coached by Kori Ade since the age of five,[3] and trained in various rinks in the Chicago area until April 2013.[2][4] Most of his programs have been choreographed by Rohene Ward.[2][5] Brown also skated pairs with Thea Milburn for three years.[1]

He was born in Los Angeles but they moved here when he was very little.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Plushenko program was just really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:53 pm

I much preferred the Japanese skater the most.

Plushenko is so arrogant. Gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36618
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Didn't you know Hathor, arrogant is Plushenko's real last name!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hathor

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Teddy, he is so FULL of himself. Very off putting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:36 pm

I think they knew this crap would happen in the men's so that's why they didn't put Patrick back out against Pluschenko.  It was a foregone conclusion what would happen there.  Kevin has come a long way in the past couple of seasons.  His artistry is much better and he is quite a character with his hair!  I pray the judges come back to their senses when the individual competition starts.

Okay I admittedly didn't see Meryl and Charlie skate, but how the hell could there be a 7 point difference between them and Scott and Tessa?  What the hell is going on?  ......and I have to say I don't like that they share the same coach.  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/canada-clinches-silver-figure-skating-team-event.html?cmp=tsnfb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm

He is arrogant and a jealous little brat.  When Alexie Yaguden was getting all the attention you could tell just by the looks on Plushenkos face that he was jealous.  Alexie Yaguden amazing skater.  I think Plushenko has stayed in all this time so he can have all the attention for any russian male skater.

Plushenko may be the most decorated Olympic skater but he will never be as good as Yaguden, Boitano, Kulik, Hamilton and his artistry will never be as good as Wylie, Yagudin, Browning, Orser, Boitano, Eldredge and a few others.  Plushenkos programs bore me cause they are filled with ego.  I love emotion but that is not what you get with his performances.  You get a man saying look at me look at me i am the best and i am going to flaunt it.

Congrats to the Canadian and US teams  flower 

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Olympics/2014/0209/USA-takes-team-figure-skating-bronze-as-Gracie-Gold-shines

Hey since it is a team medal do all the figure skaters get medals or only the ones that skated?

Shannon  praying  shannonangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 pm

I totally agree about Pluschenko, Shannon. I don't like wishing anyone bad, but I hope he blows up in the short program so he doesn't even have a chance at a medal.  Evil or Very Mad 

I think only those who skated get the medals but I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympics   

Back to top Go down

2014 Winter Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next