Share | 

QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:39 am

deanpiper‏@deanpiper

Friggin' hell. Adam's vocal at the end of Who Wants To Live Forever was breathtaking. The guy is insane. ‪#amazing‬ ‪#queen‬

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:44 am

This is a wonderful read, please don't miss it! It has a wonderful slide show of pictures!

http://www.blakemore-noble.net/gigs/queen-adam-lambert-hammersmith-apollo-london/

Which just leaves the major question. How was Adam?

Wow! His voice is absolutely stunning, no other way to describe it. He has considerable power and a huge vocal range – that guy can SING. He did justice to all the songs, making very good work of the entire selection of songs. He did not try to imitate Freddie, he did not try to pretend to be Freddie. He was clearly his own man, performing the songs in his own style, but in keeping with the overall feel of Queen. He brought a lot of youthful playfulness as well to the show. My only criticism was that he was not as ‘dynamic’ as one might have liked. However, it is important to remember that we are talking about someone with very limited live experience – if we are going to make the tedious inevitable comparisons with Freddie, then let’s remember that Adam has been in the music business for only 3 years; when Freddie had been in the music business for 3 years, Queen had not even released their first album yet (that would be a year later). Of course Adam doesn’t compare in terms of stage presence with Freddie of the mid 1980′s, but then again neither would the Freddie with 3 years experience. I believe that with appropriate training and apprenticing, Adam could go on to develop quite the stage presence, he just needs the experience. He certainly managed to work the crowd well, everyone seeming to thoroughly enjoy themselves; certainly the people I spoke to afterwords were very happy to have been there.

Last edited by foreveryoung on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:47 am

[Stephen Dixon
@StephenDixonTV
President of Nottingham Trent University Alumni. Also happen to be on Sky News. This is a personal twitter account for purely personal comments.
http://www.stephendixon.tv ]

UKGlamberts‏@UKGlambert
YES!!!! The guy who interviewed Adam on Sky the other day just ordered Trespassing!!!

1hStephen Dixon‏@StephenDixonTV
Downloading ‪#trespassing‬ by @adamlambert After last nights mind blowing vocals I just had to do it

Stephen Dixon‏@StephenDixonTV
@ChicagoCollen what can I say? He gave me a hug and I told him how great the show was. He was utterly charming

14hQueen Official‏@QueenWillRock
Queen. Adam Lambert. Hammersmith...ROCKED. Goodnight!...for now.... http://www.queenonline.com http://fb.me/1EepZEeUz
Retweeted by Stephen Dixon

13hStephen Dixon‏@StephenDixonTV
@74gaffer wasn't it superb

14hStephen Dixon‏@StephenDixonTV
I've just met brian may. I think my life may be complete

15hStephen Dixon‏@StephenDixonTV
What an amazing gig. Just seen Adam after the show. He was AMAZING

That's what we want!! throwconfetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 69725
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 am

That was indeed very good FY! So many pix!!

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 am

FY....what a good read! Come on America get on the band wagon and give Adam some recognition. I think Queen and Adam need a concert here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

Number of posts : 33930

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Praying for a USA tour, a live concert album, a live concert DVD, an album of new material of Queen + Adam Freaking Lambert, and tons of success for our very deserving and amazing guy! praying

CC - I am so glad you agree that Adam has the better voice. I didn't want to get veggies thrown at me, but damn - Adam just has the most amazing voice!

Adam does have an amazing voice but so did Freddie. I really don't think it's fair to compare them even though it is going to happen. They both have signature voices. IMO one is not better than the other. They are both unique and gifted artists. I don't think it's fair to compare.

Back to catch up more on the show................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 pm

It's perfectly fair. People compare things all the time.

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 pm

I really don't get the reviewer who says that Adam isn't dynamic enough on stage. Shocked

What is he supposed to do, hang from a chandelier? I have noticed that since he is not performing alone, he defers to whomever he is singing with; i.e., he doesn't work to have all the focus on him as he does as a solo singer. Even then, he always gives credit to the band. It's very subtle, but noticeable if you are really attuned to Adam when he is performing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I agree DD!

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Freddie voice had a very special lovely huskiness probably the product of his smoking, he was smoker, Adam voice is trained and crystal clear.

I too prefer Adam voice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes that didn't make much sense DD.

Here is an awesome video from yesterday's show ....... The Show Must Go On .......... yes it must. Hello US/Canadian promoters........!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--OQ61TBLjc&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I agree too!

Quote :
I really don't get the reviewer who says that Adam isn't dynamic enough on stage.

What is he supposed to do, hang from a chandelier? I have noticed that since he is not performing alone, he defers to whomever he is singing with; i.e., he doesn't work to have all the focus on him as he does as a solo singer. Even then, he always gives credit to the band. It's very subtle, but noticeable if you are really attuned to Adam when he is performing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36615
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for the video canear!! That was great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am

TONS OF CONCERT PIX!!!! TONS!

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/sdljroller/Queenbert%20July%2014%202012/

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Stunning .......... bowdown

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Beyond stunning!

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 pm

This is a MUST READ fan blog about the July 11 show at Hammersmith! Have tissues handy 'cause you'll need them! Beautiful, just beautiful! cheers

http://archiveofourown.org/works/460723
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 pm

And oh my goodness, this is also a lovely read! loving Keep those tissues in hand...........

http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/a-kind-of-magic-brian-may-and-adam-lambert/#more-26520

blushing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you for bringing these most gorgeous beautiful reviews. Just so well warranted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 pm

That is one super cool picture. I love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 pm

10hTommyJoe Ratliff‏@TommyJoeRatliff
Seeing these @QueenWillRock shows and the past few days have been so surreal. So god damn proud of ya @adamlambert!

loving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Awesome AWESOME gif!!! fainting

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 pm

lol! Adam pulling his pants up at the end of that. Great gif for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 pm

:...After completed their six gigs in Europe there is now talks of the shows moving to America(n) later this year. ..." what what

OMG! If only.............

http://popledge.co.uk/2012/07/16/adam-lambert-and-queen-the-show-to-go-on/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!   

Back to top Go down

QUEEN FEATURING ADAM IN LONDON BABY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next