Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS

Go down 
+9
stanley2
claytoncavaliers
dancingdigits
foreveryoung
Spirit
Sky
teddyhugz
AngelWings
Firecracker
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Hathor

Hathor

Number of posts : 21954
Registration date : 2013-04-08

MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm

I really like Sam Smith & John Legend.

Why is Beyonce nominated so many times? Does she even have new music?

Iggy whatever?

Not much from 2014 that blew my socks off.

laughing

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41958
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 4:13 pm

I just hope that Taylor doesn't win anything.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Beyoncé's last album was released about this time last year. So her album fell in the cycle year for this years nominations along with any singles she's released too.

The cycle for the Grammys goes from Oct 1st - Sept 30th. So anything from October of last year to September of this year was eligiable for nominations in the 2015 Grammys.

Katy's album was released mid to late October last year. It wasn't eleigible for any of the album categories then. However, her single for Roar dropped in August/September so it was eligible for the record and song categories of the last Grammys.

I hope Taylor doesn't win anything. She's up against some tough competition with Sam and Sia. You can bet though she'll have many more nominations next year because her album will be eligible then as well as her current single Blank Space and any other that comes out between now and September.

The fact that Miley's Bangerz album is nominated makes me want to throw up. Then again her being nominated at all is ridiculous. Bletch!
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:16 pm

I hope Sam and Sia win but Taylor always wins and if Miley wins barf.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Sam Smith has to win I freaking adore his cd.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Well the big one for ALBUM OF THE YEAR was announced during tonight's special Grammy Christmas show.

Album of the Year

Morning Phase – Beck Hansen
Beyoncé – Beynonce
X – Ed Sheeran
In The Lonely Hour – Sam Smith
Girl – Pharrell Williams

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Who is Beck Hansen? Suspect

Thank God no Miley.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:17 am

I don't care if Taylor wins or not.  It is Beyonce who I hope doesn't - but of course will.  Same ole same ole.  Whoever had big hits gets Grammys. 

Sorry, but it bugs me that Frank Ocean and now Sam Smith get welcomed with open arms and tons of nominations and wins and Adam nada.   Pisses me off.  And I find Sam Smith boring.  Sorry.  Nice guy and nice voice but boring for me.

I don't care about any of the "big" nominees so I am taking a pass on watching this.

MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:02 am

Adam did have a nomination.  It's not like he has been totally ignored.  He made some mistakes when he first came off Idol which, as you know, I believe cost him........and let's face it.  Very few coming from Idol get any respect at all.
Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:27 am

Adam lost to Bruno Mars and who could argue that? Bruna had a killer album, multiple hits etc.

Like Canear said Adam was set up to break big and I believe he would have had he followed the script for his performance and not gone all OTT with the raunch. Also if he sang well. That is the worst I have ever heard Adam sing and throwing the bird at the end did him no favors either. He fucked up not the viewers.

Adam pushed the gay to hard to far to fast. The performance was edgy enough if followed as was.

FC, I agree that the same ole same ole performers win again and again IMO are undeserving.

Sincerely, I do not remember Beyonce having huge hits this past year.

shrugging

I have no desire to watch the Grammys. Terry will he always does.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 am

Sam Smith is amazing and his cd is Brilliant.  It has been selling huge since it came out.  if he does not win anything it will be a freaking crime Sam like Adam is Gay so we know the Grammy's do not hold being gay against the artist when they do their nominating which is nice to know. Adam has been nominated before but as Canear and Hathor said Adam may have dug his own grave when he did some things he should not have right out of the gate,(like the flipping the bird to the crowd.)

Eta: Some of the songs on Sam's cd have gotten big time noticed.  "Stay With Me" is one of the most covered songs this year.  

FC give this song a listen.  This is the title track that was only on the Target special edition.  It is so beautiful.  See what you think of this song from Sam.

Eta: Canear so true on the alumni from idol rarely getting any Grammy love.  Kelly, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, Carrie and a few others have done well with the grammy's but it is just a drop on the bucket with how many alumni's have put out great cd's.  Grammy's can be music snobs for sure.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:35 pm

So they hold flipping the bird against Adam but Chris Brown gets Grammys after beating up his girlfriend and R Kelly gets them after having sex with 14 year olds.  And all those rappers with Grammys whose songs and videos are pure raunchy and promote violence against women and Beyonce gets them after nearly having sex on stage with her hubby.

Well alrighty then!

MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Firecracker wrote:
So they hold flipping the bird against Adam but Chris Brown gets Grammys after beating up his girlfriend and R Kelly gets them after having sex with 14 year olds.  And all those rappers with Grammys whose songs and videos are pure raunchy and promote violence against women and Beyonce gets them after nearly having sex on stage with her hubby.

Well alrighty then!

None of those guys were on American Idol.  Seriously AI is sometimes a curse because so many in the industry put it down and many of the alumni don't get the respect they deserve.  I call these music snobs cause there is a snobbery when it comes to most people from AI.  you have to jump through more hoops than most to get what you deserve in the music business and it is not fair to the idol alumni.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:37 pm

None of that is right FC. It's certainly not fair either. I think we can all agree in that respect. We know the Grammy's have become more about sales and they continue to be more and more about sales every year. It shouldn't be, but unfortunately, it is. Do I like any of the music from those you mentioned (Chris, R Kelly etc)? No, not really. Do I like them as people? No I don't. Do I think Adam is far superior to them? YES. A million times YES. Do I feel he is much more deserving? Yes, I very much do. However, as it has been mentioned time and time again Adam dug his own grave from the start. He had everything in the palms of his hands but it blew up in smoke no thanks to his own self sabotage. I know there are many who get away with doing the same things he did and it's complete and utter crap that they do. As much as we've progressed and accepted on a whole the majority of people out there just can't take it from someone like Adam. It is incredibly sad. What I find even sadder is that Adam felt the need do any of it all or that he felt he had to. All he really had to do was come out and sing and entertain with THAT VOICE. I do think he's mended bridges with the help of Queen. Not all but some. Will it ever be forgotten? I wish it would be but it won't. I wish it wasn't held against him in any way but it is. That's just the card that was dealt to him and again no it's not fair.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 3:32 am

Absolutely not fair Teddy!!!!!!!

I do like a few songs from R Kelly and it pisses me off he would do what he did cause the man actually has freaking talent and he has some really lovely ballads but I will never buy anything from him after I found out stuff about him.

Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 pm

This is awesome! JT is like a little kid with Garth. He is officially on my bucket list of artists I must see.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

Number of posts : 13421
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 12:35 am

RIP Joe Cocker. One of the best of the old school British Rockers. Not great looking but oh man what a voice.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:00 pm

I miss Richie Sambora!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:38 pm

LOVE THAT CANEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BON JOVI I love you times a million.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 am

Rihanna's new music video is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!

Black artists sure like to show their people as violent, murderous, foul mouthed, and oversexed don't they??!!  Empire comes to mind...  Evil or Very Mad

I officially cannot stand her now and will dump my 2 CDs by her!  Haven't listened to them in ages anyway as she has just gotten worse and worse over the years.

Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Chris Daughtry just tweeted about this new song from Masha. Adam and Claude Kelly follow her too

Back to top Go down
Hathor

Hathor

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:27 am

That is an amazing video Kate. So good.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Isn't it cool. Cool also Adam and Chris like her.
Back to top Go down
canuckadamfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 pm

I was watching a music show on PBS of an artist I've never heard of Jackie Greene. Fell in love with his music. Found this on youtube of one of his new songs Trust Somebody. He reminds me of 70's folk rock;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS    MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS  - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

MISC. MUSICAL ARTISTS
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next