Share | 

THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:54 am

That was an incredible review! cheers This CD and DVD are simply amazing....and I can't stop listening and watching over and over again! The complete excellence of his voice totally shines through on both! And listening to the CD up close and personal on my iPod transports me to another universe! Awesome! woohoo

ETA: Nothing but good news! cheers

"... ‘Glam Nation Live’ proves Adam Lambert is the real deal – vocal talent, showmanship, and personality to match.

5 out of 5 stars – but don’t take my word for it – check it out yourself...."
throwconfetti

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/03/30/adam-lambert-glam-nation-live-debuts-at-1/

http://www.examiner.com/adam-lambert-in-national/adam-lambert-s-glam-nation-live-debuts-at-14-on-new-zealand-album-chart

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 69725
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 am

http://ezinearticles.com/?Adam-Lambert- ... id=6132724

Quote:
Arts and Entertainment » Music
Adam Lambert - Down the Rabbit Hole Indeed
By Michael Pickett

If you have never heard of Adam Lambert, call a crane-operator to lift that rock you've been living under and check out the American Idol phenom's 'Glam Nation Live' CD/DVD...Stat! This live performance set is a phenomenal combination of rock theater, pop grandeur and glam-bam-thank-Adam vocal art. Visually going from something like 'Blade Runner' to Elvis just seems like all in a day's work for Lambert, but the vocals have a very different lineage.

There are a handful of singers who could match the late Freddie Mercury's super-powered vocals, and Lambert has to be among them. His note-perfect, sky-high performances on AI a few years ago were brought to my attention and after seeing them on YouTube, I immediately became a fan. Apparently Queen did too, because they tapped Lambert for some truly memorable guest spots. Somewhere between rock god and Broadway powerhouse, Lambert's style seamlessly blends bravado and beauty in a way that's almost hard to hear at first listen. It's just too perfect sometimes, but the soul is there, and that's the thing that puts Lambert's vocals and style over-the-top.

But this album is great because it shows how smokin', dead-on, super-human Lambert is as a vocalist and performer. Check out the monster 'Down the Rabbit Hole' or the soaring 'Whattaya Want From Me' for a sampling of Adam's phenomenal singing. For a guy who performs with so much sci-fi vaudville swagger and bravado, Lambert comes off as incredibly warm, personable and fun...he's just having fun at a level most of us never imagined. The multiple angles offered by the DVD are a fun glimpse into the onstage world Lambert creates, but at times, they can almost be a little distracting and overwhelming.

Clearly taking Freddie Mercury's theatrics into the stratosphere and creating something all his own, Lambert backs it all up with some killer songwriting and vocals most of us still can't wrap our minds around. Frankly, if this kind of technically advanced singing was all that Adam Lambert had going, he would be boring. Just too perfect. But there's a real soul and substance to what this gifted 'Glambert' puts out there on stage. He truly connects with both the material and the audience all at once, and that is what makes every singer truly successful, whether they can actually sing or not (and while there are a bunch who can't, this is actually their scecret). Adam Lambert's 'Glam Nation Live' is an absolute must-own!

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 am

WOW! I am loving that review! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaycee

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:29 am

You sure couldn't ask for a better review then that. I am not sure I have ever read one before that was so completely positive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 am

Agree! I have a feeling Michael is a Glambert! Laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 pm

From RC Ed ...

Quote :
RCA Ed: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 13:22

Re: Congratulations on your #1 Music DVD this week

Hey guys, I know you're dying for some week 2 DVD numbers, so here you go:

The GNL DVD ranked #2 this week, just slightly behind that aforementioned Les Miserables DVD (Adam's theatrical past strikes back!) with 4,356 units sold in the U.S., bringing its 2-week total to 21,270. The march towards gold status continues...

Number of posts : 11264
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm

woohoo woohoo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Another great review! cheers

http://neonlimelight.com/2011/03/22/neon-reviews-adam-lambert-glam-nation-live/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

GNT Live DVD news:

http://www.examiner.com/adam-lambert-in-national/adam-lambert-s-glam-nation-live-halfway-to-reaching-gold-status

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 pm

woohoo

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am

GNT Live video is now out in Blu-Ray format! Wish I had known it would be out in blu-ray, but I couldn't have waited anyway.......so what am I talking about?!!! Wink

http://www.examiner.com/adam-lambert-in-national/adam-lambert-s-glam-nation-live-dvd-now-available-blu-ray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 am

Do you know that I don't even know what Blu-ray is Embarassed

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:15 am

From Quebec............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16933

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:44 am

I just posted a video from the concert in the other thread where there was videos from the show. Should I bring it in here instead? The video I posted MUST BE SEEN!

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16933

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:46 am

Firecracker wrote:
Do you know that I don't even know what Blu-ray is Embarassed

Blu Ray is a dvd but from what I have heard it is better quality than a dvd if that makes sense at all. things are supposed to look better on dvd like more vivid. It is like how Dvd looks better than vhs.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:00 am

Thanks for the explanation.

Yes, lets put the videos in this thread! Thanks.

Sky - thanks so much for putting videos in here! Can't wait to watch them!

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:29 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks so much Sky!! I love you

Number of posts : 3728
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

Sky ~ THANK YOU!!!!!!! This is just what I need!!!

Omg .. it's been waaay too long since we've had new videos!

Fever ~ Just the way I love it ... lots of very nice, hip action, and 'other stuff'! whistle

(the Pants need to be tighter ... just sayin!) biggrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:30 am

GORGEOUS Professional pics from last night here:

http://philfoto.zenfolio.com/p294524452/h8730832#h8730832

Can anyone figure out how to copy them??!! praying There's one in particular that I'd love to use as my avi!! biggrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
claytoncavaliers

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:00 am

363 spectacular pics here: fainting

http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Planet_Fierce/2011%20Sainte%20Agathe%20Concert%20Canada/

Adam looked amazing last night...rock-star gorgeous! loving
Back to top Go down
View user profile
foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Lovely recap by a fan.

Quote :
I was there. As amazing as the videos are, live was absolutely epic. Adam’s voice was insane, he never held back, and the band was also insane. I felt that each band member’s talents were showcased much more than they were during GNT. Adam literally had me at the first note of Outlaws of Love, and then my heart swelled more and more with each note. He left the stage right after, and the band jammed. He must have needed the time to compose himself, I know I did. The jam was a perfect transition and upped my respect for their musicianship. Amazing. Adam came back on the stage ready to party again. The fact that nobody moved when the rain came is a testament to how good it was. I’d expect die hard fans to stay, but I didn’t see anyone move. We were literally drenched, like we had just gone for a swim in the lake. Not only did everyone stay, but we screamed and screamed for a second encore. I took a friend who has always made fun of me for being a fan of a guy from a reality tv show, and he is now a huge fan. He loved Adam and he loved the band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS   

Back to top Go down

THE GLAM NATION TOUR VIDEOS, PIX AND TWEETS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next