Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!

Go down 
+8
jaycee
AngelWings
claytoncavaliers
foreveryoung
Sky
Badger
teddyhugz
Firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:26 am

I understand a lot of what Crystal wrote there with the bullying stuff. I got bullied from the start of Kindergarten till I was in Jr high,(for everything from having a learning disability to wearing glasses to just having curly hair). Things changed for the better when I moved to victorville when I started high school. What changed things for me was being invited to church and being accepted by the kids in the youth group many of them I actually went to school with so it was great. There were still people who bullied me but it was not as bad and because I had people who were kind to me things were easier even though it hurt at times. I get so sad when I read that the bullying continues to go and people like Crystal get the idea of suicide in their heads :( With the kids at school I try to implement respect and kindness into them cause I do not want any of them turning into big bullys.

I thank God that Crystal has been able to do something to help. I am hoping her story here can help get people to make more of an effort to stop the bullying that goes on.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 am

4th grade was bad for me. I got glasses and boys called me 4 eyes and for some reason I was really tall for my age. I am only 5'2" but I shot up to that in 4th grade. I swear I grew to my adult height that year. So then they called me The Jolly Green Giant. But luckily for me the name calling stopped by 5th grade and I didn't have any problems with bullying until Sophomore year in High School when I started dating this boy that this big "Greaser" girl liked. So the whole time I was dating David every time this girl saw me in the halls at school her and her little gang of tough girls would come up to me and threaten to beat me up. That was loads of fun No Then David mom remarried and they moved to California. After that all was cool for me. So I had some experiences - but mostly it was not too bad.

CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:57 pm

I know I felt thoroughly isolated most of my school years. I felt isolated because I stuck out like a sore thumb to so many people. I was always getting special treatment. All the teachers would look at me differently compared to everyone else and that made the rest of the kids just raise their noses at me. I couldn't play sports or be in a regular gym class because of my glasses and poor vision. I was often put in a Special Ed gym class. I didn't like it for a long time because that made me stick out even more than usual next to all the "regular" or "normal" kids. I finally understood it was for my own safety, although, not until much later. During elementary I just wanted to play. I wanted to do what all the other kids did, what kids are supposed to do. I remember playing that one game where you push the ball back and forth as it hangs from a rope on a pole. I would do it every day without thinking much about it. Then one day the person I was playing with pushed too hard and I didn't see it swinging around to me in time to get out of the way. The ball smacked me right in the face and knocked me over. It ended up knocking my glasses off in the process too. Of course they broke and I ended up with a big fat bruise around my eye. It wasn't pretty. So after that everyone was always especially careful around me, way more than they ever were before. It was honestly suffocating a lot of the time. It felt like they thought I would break or something. Like I was a china doll so fragile and small. I hated it. Naturally I got called names too and always heard people whispering behind my back. I got some of the worst in my sophomore year. So it all made me very self-conscious and self aware of everything around me. I didn't know who to trust or who really wanted to be my friend. So I stayed to myself. Barely ever talked. Just went from class to class. Unfortunately along with the teasing about my glasses and special treatment the quietness wasn't of any help either. It was just simply awful for me because not only did I have to deal with a bad school life I was also continually dealing with a rough home life. I had no one to go to about anything. I just kept it all inside. At one point I broke down and with my defenses lowered I finally went to the school counselor. I thought it would help me. Only not. What a big mistake. He ended up calling my mom. She was so mad. But my dad even more so. After getting in trouble for it and being threatened with the possibility of my dad getting the cops called on him I swore I'd never go back to the counselor again. The sad thing is I had just wanted and needed to open up to someone. It should have been OKAY, but all it did was make things worse. I did manage to make a couple of very good friends along the way though. They were my relief. They helped me so much. Oddly enough while my sophomore year was when I got some of the worst bullying and teasing it was also my salvation. That same year I finally went after something I had wanted for years. I joined the choir and on the very first day of class I met one of my best HS girlfriends. I could tell her everything and she could do the same with me. We were both going through a lot. It was refreshing. It was easy. She helped piece my heart back together again. I stayed in choir the whole rest of my HS career. It was a safe haven for me. I don't know what I would have done without it because it gave me so much to be grateful for. In the end it helped me feel just a little bit more at ease around people enough to make me talk more and finally start to go out and do things. Music will always be half my saving grace. The other half is writing.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Sorry you had it so tough... Crying or Very sad As bad as middle school can be, HS can be more stressful. Glad you found what and who you needed. And look at all the things you are not afraid to do now! You've come a long way!

CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes I sure have come a long way. Thanks so much FC. hugging
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Crystal is now a married woman!

Congrats and good luck!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:00 am

Congrats to Crystal. I wish them the best and many years of happiness together!
Back to top Go down
stanley2

stanley2

Number of posts : 6397
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 pm

I, too wish Crystal and Brian a happy life together. But she does sound like a bit of a flake!! She has a baby with one man, dates another man who she said she wanted to marry and then within a few months dates and marries a third man. But who knows? It could last!!! Good luck, Crystal and Brian.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Here'a a pic! He's kinda cute! Laughing Funky dress...but she looks so pretty! Hope they'll be super happy together! :love60:

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/10/13/crystal-bowersox-wedding-dress-and-ring-details-revealed/?cnn=yes

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm

I love the back of the dress and what she has in her hair! She looks beautiful!

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Bringing this post over from PULSE:

Quote :
The S9 American Idol runner-up has announced the debut single off her upcoming album. It's called Hold On and is written by -- Chad Kroeger and Kara Dioguardi

Seriously? I guess Jive won the battle to try and make Crystal's first single more radio friendly. I can't stand Nickelback and Kara is hit & miss as a songwriter, but I can't argue that between them these two have written a bunch of hit songs. Neither one of them seem like a natural fit for the type of musician Crystal is, but that doesn't mean that this collaboration couldn't work out.

I'm very surprised that Crystal didn't at least get a co-write -- supposedly this single isn't the only song on the album she didn't have a hand in writing.

Jim C at MTV tweeted that the song sounds great and that Crystal sells it well. So we'll have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm anxious to hear the song.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:44 pm

I am anxious to hear the CD. I hope it rocks!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Crystal continues to be very vocal about things especially when it doesn't go her way. She's not happy about the song that was selected as her single because it's not at least a co-write from her. She has no ties to the song at all. I honestly believe if she doesn't stop talking the hole she's digging herself is going to keep getting bigger and bigger until she falls straight down in it.

Anyways if anyone is interested a demo of the song was found on youtube and Jim confirmed that it is indeed the song pegged for Crystal's debut single. Check it out here if you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOLEkR4dC4
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 pm

I like it! I am sure Crystal will sing it better and of course the song has to be longer than 2:10.

Yeah, she is digging that hole......Soon she will have more material for songs. How I had it all and blew it!

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:05 am

Crystal is not only being vocal about the single she is trying to get her fans involved with Twitter. Yeppers she has taken to the world of Twitter again to complain. She is giving her fans permission to spam Jive to get them to change the single. WTF is she freaking thinking??? I tell ya if this crap works and gets her more promotion I will scream and also it will be another line of people who act badly are the ones that get the good stuff. If Kris dealt with not having a cowrite for two freaking singles then Crystal can deal with this stuff to.

I have always liked Crystal but if this is the way she is going to go about stuff I am not having anything to do with it meaning I will not be buying stuff from her. I do not respect this attitude. She is acting all entitled to everything and thinks she is better than everybody and deserves to have only the songs she wrote be put out and so on and so on. To me she is turning into a world class diva with a mega tude!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:26 am

I read about that..................could only shake my head. I don't know what she's thinking or rather what she's not thinking. Does she really mean what she is saying or is she trying to just joke around and be funny? I don't find her approach to things very flattering. This latest bit definitely does not paint her in a good brush.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

She needs a serious reality check. She is not in a position nor has the power in the industry to be pulling stunts like this. She might think she is all important, but hello!, she's not. Look at the battle Kelly had with Clive and that was after she was successful. Bad move Crystal. You could quite easily be back home singing in coffeshops before you know it!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 am

Barry Manilow and Rod Stewart have not been able to record what they have wanted to record for years and they are Iconic. I just read about someone who went to one of Rod's concerts recently and he doesn't sing any of those songbook songs. He sings his rocking songs. Goes to show how much he doesn't want to do those songs.

If she thinks she has more power than Rod and Barry she is whacked.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm

I want Crystal be successful and a have a solid career that's well enough to support her and her son. But she needs to play the game. Everyone has to play the game to some extent. Some are better at it then others. Some have more power on their side. But there are going to be lots of times especially right at the beginning where you're going to have to compromise. You have to learn to take what you can get and work around as well with work with what you've been dealt even if you're not satisfied with it. You can fight it all you want and put up a good front, but there comes a point you've just got to let it go. Concetrate on the things you have. It's better to get your feet on the ground first before trying to up everyone and ruin what you little chance you've got.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Yes you have to be smart and play the game and use it to your advantage just like Kelly Pickle did she is one smart cookie she played the dumb blond that she is not and befriended Taylor now she is making some very good money.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Teddy - your post applies to most people getting started in most careers. We all have to do that when we are just starting out. I did plenty of grunt work and kissed many a fanny in the business world when I was 19 and worked my way up. Then after I had kids I decided to go into daycare because I enjoyed it more. Crystal will need to kiss some butts for awhile until she makes it in the biz.

Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am

foreveryoung wrote:
Yes you have to be smart and play the game and use it to your advantage just like Kelly Pickle did she is one smart cookie she played the dumb blond that she is not and befriended Taylor now she is making some very good money.

Just since you mentioned Kellie and Taylor. It is a surprise she even did that. Their was an interview with Kellie in a Magazine and she actually came out and said she does not like people that much. She says she doesn't have a lot of friends and just a few close ones. Taylor must be one of the few. I think I read she thinks of her as a sister.
Anyway back to Crystal.

I want Crystal to succeed for her family but I want her to go about it the write way. How she is doing it now is just bugging the heck out of me. Entitlement is so not pretty.

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 am

I believe the saying is "Entitlement is so not SEXY" tm@AdamLambert Laughing

I am shocked to read Kellie doesn't like people! She seems to love people! She is always jolly and funny and having a great time talking to people. Very odd....

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 am

Crystal tweeted the picture of the album cover earlier today.

http://twitpic.com/354co7

Also there are clips up of three songs out there. The single "Hold On" her original "Farmer's Daughter" and a co-write with David Ryan Harris "Lonely Won't Come Around". The only link I have where you can check them out is for mj's. So if you want to take a listen then you'll have to go there.

http://mjsbigblog.com/listen-to-a-stream-of-hold-on-by-crystal-bowersox.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!   CRYSTAL MAMAS0X  ROCKS! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

CRYSTAL MAMAS0X ROCKS!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: