Number of posts : 69714
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 am

Something to look forward to! :D

Number of posts : 33926
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 am

teddyhugz wrote:
No he didn't say when. I wish he had. I should have asked him that! Darn.

I just took a better listen to my clips and the audio for Alisan isn't as good as it is for Ferras. Too noisy and loud. Sorry about that.

I know you all are waiting for my recap, but unfortunately it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm just too exhausted now. I can barely keep my head up. Besides I want to put in as much detail as I possibly can and make it the best. So you'll just have to wait a little bit longer. I hope you girls don't mind.

If any of you have questions please don't be afraid to ask. In fact the more questions the better. It would help me with my recap and that way I'll know what to say and what exactly you want to know. Canear, I know you said you had a lot of questions in another thread, but weren't going to ask. Please, if you don't feel comfortable enough asking them on the board then PM me. I'd be happy to answer them as best as I can.

Thanks teddy. If I have more after your recap I'll do just that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36615
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 am

I've been meaning to post these. They're downloads of Ferras from last Saturday night. They are of a much BETTER and CLEARER quality. I ripped them and converted them off video I found on youtube.

Ferras - Diamond Handcuffs.mp3
Ferras - Fraction.mp3
Ferras - Marshmallow Spaceship.mp3
Ferras - Take My Lips.mp3
Ferras - Touch.mp3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16933

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I've been meaning to post these. They're downloads of Ferras from last Saturday night. They are of a much BETTER and CLEARER quality. I ripped them and converted them off video I found on youtube.

Ferras - Diamond Handcuffs.mp3
Ferras - Fraction.mp3
Ferras - Marshmallow Spaceship.mp3
Ferras - Take My Lips.mp3
Ferras - Touch.mp3

Thanks Hon. I am listening to my fave right now

He sounded truly amazing on Take My Lips
but Ugh okay I won't be putting this on my ipod to put on my ipod dock to blast so my neighbors hear it and want to know who Ferras is. I will blast his cd version of the song so people will love him. I wish there was an MP3 of his AOL sessions version of the song.

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 am

I cloud try and rip it for you Angel if you want. It'll take me some time, but I'd be happy to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I cloud try and rip it for you Angel if you want. It'll take me some time, but I'd be happy to do it.

You mean the AOL sessions version?

if you can do it then cool :)

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 am

Yes the AOL sessions version.

When I have it up I'll put it in the music thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

Posting these here from the Creepshow. These videos were taken from Kendra (Lukus' wife.) Up close and amazing quality in sound. The best out there!

Alisan - Speedracer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDJoZd9h20

Alisan - For You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bh0FChEh1U

Alisan - All I Ask
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTOLT2zeaks

Ferras - Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt_BhmPRvsQ

Ferras - Marshmellow Spaceship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31il4xVkt1k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 am

You all have been waiting for this long enough. You probably even thought I wouldn't even post it or actually even get around to writing a recap at all considering it's been a week to the day. My apologies about that by the way. Unfortunately, It's still not completed, but I wanted to post at least this much for the time being. I'll post the other half of it later on.

Saturday, January 9th, 2010

The Hotel Café

Alyssa Suede, Kurtis John, Daniel Bedingfield (surprise guest!), Lukas Rossi, Ferras, Alisan Porter, & Jarvis Church featuring Ely Rise.

The night did not fail to start off with some drama. My mom still gave me grief, but I knew it was all only out of concern. She almost ripped me a new one in the car. Once she got out though to talk briefly with the girl I went with, Monica, and her mom she was good. Before she left I gave her a huge hug and I promised I’d be careful. She told me if something went wrong to call her, but I knew I wouldn’t have to. I’d be okay.

Earlier in the day I had even admitted to my mom that I was nervous enough for the both of us. I don’t think that helped ease her much, but it was the truth. After all this was the first time I was ever going to do something like this. Inside I was honestly scared out of my mind. At the same time I was determined to just do it and make it happen. So that’s exactly what I did.

It took Monica and I about an hour and a half to get to Hollywood on the train. I didn’t mind it so much, Actually it was kind of nice. However, it was hugely frightening and uncomfortable when we were on the second train, we had to take three separate ones, because there was a small group of people behind us in the same car who were yelling and fighting with each other. They were loud and cussing each other out left and right like nobody‘s business. She kept looking back to see what was going on and asking people around us what the problem was. I just kept my back to it and did my best ignore it. I tried to get her to leave it be too and she did for the most part, but I would have rather she ignored it completely. Honestly when you see people arguing stay the heck out of it. Aside from all that it was good. I learned how to get to Staples Center by being on the train. That was cool!

Once we got off the last train over on Hollywood and Vine in front of the Pantages it was only a 5 minute walk to The Hotel Café. I thought it was going to be a much longer walk, but I was relieved it wasn‘t. When we arrived it was almost 10pm. There was a mess of people standing outside too. That didn’t even compete to the amount of people inside. Holy heck the place was packed to the max. Wall to wall people. You could barely make your way around it was that crazy! It was completely different compared to when I had been there last to see Mark Ballas just two weeks earlier. I mean a major difference. Of course I expected it to be but that didn’t keep me from being surprised and catching me off guard.

The first thing we did when we got there was go up to the bar. I decided to only get a bottle of water while Monica decided on a beer. I really had wanted to get a drink, but I didn’t want to considering everything even though one wouldn’t have hurt me any. After getting ourselves some drinks we made our way through the crowd up to the front. At first we were on the right hand side but behind all the tables. After a little while we noticed there were two seats available over on the other side in the corner up front. We made to walk over there but that’s when we saw the reserved sign. Of course we had no idea until later on that’s where Adam would be sitting. (Fun fact that’s exactly where I sat last time when I saw Mark!) So we backtracked it only to see our spots were taken. That was alright though because we ended up right next to the stage just behind one table. It just so happened that table was where Lukas’ wife Kendra was sitting at. She’s beautiful by the way and really sweet. Not only that there was a couple right next to us and come to find out as Monica chatted them up they admitted they were good friends with Ferras and other people in Adam’s circle. Although, not Adam himself. Even so how much more freaking lucky could we get? I mean Lukis wife, Lukas himself, (He came up several times to be with Kenda.) and one of the best and perfect spots in the house.

Alyssa Suede was pretty good. She’s a bit on the folk side but she still has a bit of pop in her too. I’d kind of compare her to Dido or even Colbie Callait in some ways. I enjoyed her and liked her well enough. I saw her milling around after she finished her set talking to people and she seemed very friendly and nice. She was certainly very pretty!

After waiting around a little thinking the next act would be on almost immediately and finding out that was not so I decided to step out for a few minutes to try and call into work. I was trying to get someone to cover my shift the next day because I knew I’d be getting home so late. Unfortunately, things didn’t work out and one of my managers couldn’t get a hold of the guy we were aiming to get to cover me. So of course that meant I had to go in after all. It all turned out alright in the end as we all know.

By the time I made it back inside Daniel Bedingfield was on the stage. I don’t know how many songs he did, but I sure am glad I got to hear what I did. It was such a surprise seeing him there at the show and having him play a special song or two. I admit I’m not too familiar with him, but I do love a couple of the songs I’ve heard from him and I really loved the song I got to hear him sing. I only wish I knew what the heck the name of it was. The place was completely quiet for him. Like dead silent. I'm not kidding you. Once he was done the room was a buzz with excited chatter. It was pretty amazing. Electric.

I believe Kurtis John came on next. I honestly can’t remember though and no it’s not because I’ve taken forever to write this darn review. My mind was pretty fuzzy even before the show was over. He was good. He reminded me a little bit of Ryan Starr but he’s not nearly as good in my opinion. He only sang two or three songs. One of them being, “This Is The Sound.” I liked that song best from him.

I think it was during the little break that followed when Adam took his seat, but it could have also been just before Kurtis came on too. Again the memory is fuzzy on the order of some details! I honestly wouldn’t have even known where he was if Monica had not said something to me. I admit at first I didn’t see him when I looked around because she didn‘t specify where he was other than to say he was sitting down on the other side of the room, but once I caught sight of him I had to do a double take. He was sitting right across from where I was standing people in plain view! I’m not kidding you, you could have drawn a straight line directly from him to me. For a moment I could not breathe and I seriously believe my heart stopped beating for a split second too. He looked gorgeous. So damn freaking gorgeous. I did take a couple of minutes to just let it sink in and get my wits about me. I tried to be conspicuous and not keep my gaze on him for too long. I didn’t want to be appear stalkeri-sh in the least bit. However, I really just couldn’t help myself. My eyes kept moving back towards him for a little while to take in the beauty, to drink him in. I just felt like I had to keep looking over at him in order to be sure he was truly there and that I wasn’t simply dreaming everything. I would have totally asked Monica to pinch me too only I figured that probably wasn’t the best or smartest thing in the world to do! Ahem moving right along.

For some reason I keep thinking this is where the order got switched around, but again I don’t bloody remember. I’m probably just imagining things anyways. Like I said the whole night is a blur. So I’ll just go ahead and keep with the set order Ely posted, which means Ferras was next. FINALLY! The place went absolutely positively wild for him. People were screaming out. It was great!!! He sat down at a keyboard, just him no one else not even Ely, in the far right hand corner of the stage. So basically he was right in freaking front of me. I was only 5ft away. HOLY! He started out with a pretty rocking song that got the crowd going clapping and singing along. Then he sang one of his new songs “Touch” which I so completely loved! I wasn’t the only one who was digging the song either. So many other people were loving it. They were dancing and singing along, pumping their fists in the air or waving their hand every time he'd sing the word 'touch'. It was pretty awesome. I could even see Adam out of the corner of my eye grooving along to it. He seemed pretty happy! Needless to say I couldn't blame him one bit because I was pretty happy myself! “I just don’t know if I can go on, take off those clothes before I rip them off….here’s my body come on touch, I just want to watch you touch….” GAH!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, LOVE that song!!!!! Next up was “Fraction” and that was even more awesome. So beautiful and heartbreaking. He said he wrote it about his ex boyfriend. I’m sure you’ve all heard the audio by now so I don’t have to explain any further other than to say he sure likes using the F word. LOL After this was “Marshmellow Spaceship”. Apparently it’s one of his best and his favorites. I had never heard of it until that night. Again this was another amazing beautiful song. I wish he explained more about it, but I suppose him just saying it was written for his best friend who went away along time ago was enough because once listening to it you understood perfectly. This one actually made me a little teary-eyed. Once he was done with this I wasn’t sure what he was going to sing or even if he was going to sing another song. I had almost thought that was it and I so desperately didn’t want it to be. I felt like yelling, “No Ferras don’t go yet! You have to do ‘Take My Lips’ first please!” Thankfully I wasn’t the only one who agreed and it was yelled out by some guy who was incredibly vocal throughout Ferras’ entire set. Needless to say I was on cloud 9. Like holy crap are you serious? He’s doing my song!!!!!!!!!! He’s doing ANGEL’S SONG! I was absolutely dying inside. Wow. My heart melted just as the first words escaped his mouth. As the song kept building and building I swear my heart beat sped up and at the same time kept falling farther into the pit of my stomach. I could not have been more grateful for that moment. Hearing him sing that song was worth everything it took to be there that night and then some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 am

Thank you for the wonderful recap Teddy!! Sounds like you had an amazing night!! cheers

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 am

Awesome recap Teddy..............

I must give you 'kudos' for going after what you want and having the nerve to find a way to get what you wanted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

Totally agree!!

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Awww, thanks ladies!

The other half will be coming up in a few hours. So keep a look out for it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm making this into a 3 part recap. It's just too dang long.

Part 2

I’m going to backtrack for a minute here and say that it was indeed before Kurtis came on when Adam took his seat. I remember now because I was looking over my tweets from that night and I saw the one I made about Cassidy. When I tweeted about him it was right before Ferras was on judging by the time I made the tweet and by the time I started recording. I’ve got to say the guy is definitely something else in person! He had come over to my area to talk with some ladies sitting down at the table in front of me. He talked to them for a good solid 10 minutes or so. He’s fairly skinny, but not in a bad way. He’s also hot!!! I keep trying to close my eyes and picture him, but all that comes to mind is that he wasn’t wearing much on top. He was showing off lots of skin!!!!! His arms and shoulders were completely bare and you could see some of his chest too. I remember being so distracted. I didn’t know what to do with myself. There wasn’t even a foot of space between him and I. I kept trying to shift my body so that I had a little more breathing room. I didn’t want to be all up on him as nice as that would have been! LOL Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of space to move around. We were pretty packed in there like sardines. So I basically stood there helplessly and nervously fidgeting. Not only did I not know what to do with myself I also didn’t know where to place my eyes. I mean where the heck is a girl supposed to look when you have a hot. albeit gay guy, standing before you? I mean really? Seriously? I was pretty out of it during those 10 minutes Cassidy stood there. I do remember for a brief moment or two Cassidy turning around/looking over his shoulder and staring at me. Yeah, like that was going to help the predicament I found myself in! Okay so it wasn’t really a predicament because hell I enjoyed every damn second of it, but dang!!!!!!!!!!! I was already loosing it with Adam sitting across from me on the other side of the room only to have Cassidy turn my mind to complete mush!!!!! I will go ahead and blame my “out of body, out of my mind’ moment during those few minutes for the fact that I couldn’t even open up my mouth to say hi before he walked away. STUPID BRAIN!!! STUPID MOUTH!!!!

So okay where was I? Oh right Ferras ended his set and disappeared somewhere in the mass crowd. As mush as my mind had become mush and I could feel all my nerve-endings a buzz I had made up my mind to try and find him at some point so I could tell him how great I thought he was. I was determined not to be my usual shy quiet self and actually do it. I rationalized in my mind, when it wasn’t running away from me, that if I couldn’t or wouldn’t get to Adam and missed out on Cassidy that I would not allow any other opportunity that presented itself pass me by. Besides I was fairly confident I could manage just fine with Ferras. So while I stood there trying to get myself together they were preparing the stage for Lukas. (I think) and before I knew it there he was on stage. For the first couple of songs he was blocked by a music stand covered in sheet music and lyrics. It crossed my mind how odd that was, but then I shrugged my shoulders and just concentrated on him. He wasn’t anything like I thought he would be. Then again I’m not sure what I expected of/from him in the first place. He was good, although good in this strange crazy way. There was no interaction with the crowd from him. It was just straight on performing. Knowing that he was one of the headliners I thought he would be on stage for a while or at least as long as Ferras, but he wasn’t. He only did three songs. The last one being “Dream On”. His version was certainly interesting and different. It wasn’t bad at all. I’m just not sure I’d ever want to hear it again from him. There were a lot of people there just to see Lukas including some girls behind me. They were all definitely giving him lots of love. One girl in particular who I got to talking to a little bit absolutely loves him and was trying to multi-task by giving a cellcert on her phone while at the same time trying to take video/pictures too. I don’t know whether she got anything or not because once Lukas was finished she disappeared.

During the next small break Ferras popped up on the other side of the room near Adam and was mingling with everybody around. I was going to make a beeline for him but before I could the couple who had been standing next to us the entire time wanted to go say hi first as did Monica. Seeing as none of us wanted to lose our spots I was the good one and decided to stay behind. As I waited for one of them to get back I was hoping and praying really hard that Alisan would take her time before coming on stage so that I had enough time. Thankfully the guy came back around a few minutes later and before I could even think about backing down I made my way to the other side of the room. When I did Adam was pretty much by myself except for one girl who he was talking with. She was sitting on the edge of the stage and they were whispering back and forth. I had thought I lost Ferras by the time I got over there because I didn’t see him anymore. So I thought I’d wait a minute or two to see if I could get in a quick hello to Adam. I quietly took a seat on the stage and patiently waited for my chance only when I got it another girl jumped in front of me. I was a little annoyed, but by then Ferras came back into view. I stood up, stepped forward, tapped him on the shoulder and he quickly spun around with a wide smile on his face. I leaned in and told him exactly, “Hi Ferras I just wanted to tell you that I adore you…” He cut me off and made a grab for my hand giving it a loud happy smacking kiss. Then he gave it a good squeeze before letting go . I died. Inside I was “EEEEEEEEEEE’ing” with so much joy and excitement. When he made to pull away I thanked him for singing ‘Take My Lips’ telling him, “It’s one of my favorite songs from you.” He smiled even bigger thanking me right back in return and that’s when I reached in for a hug. It was heaven! As I made to turn back around and go back to my spot I saw the girl who cut in front of me to get to Adam was just getting up and I was totally going to go to him then since there was no one else around only Alisan took that precise moment to come on stage!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! I could have screamed. Inside my head I did. I knew there was no way he’d pay attention to me with his girl coming on so I made a mad dash back to my side. I was thrilled that I got the courage to go up to Ferras, but at the same time I was kicking myself for not just taking the 10 seconds it would have only taken to just say HI to Mr. Gorgeous. Darn that mouth of mine again. And darn my nerves for getting the best of me when it came to him.

Thankfully I didn’t have any time to dwell on not going up to Adam or fall blissfully into reliving my moment with Ferras over and over again in my head. As soon as Alisan had that mic in her hands and her voice filled the room I was literally swept away and completely entranced by her. I do recall Adam yelling out to her requesting that she, “Sing louder. Louder!! More!!!!” Clearly he absolutely loves Alisan and she in return loves him back just as much. He did not fail for a moment in showing exactly just how enthusiastic he was for Alisan to bring the house down. The whole entire time she was on that stage his eyes were glued to her. At least I believe they were. I didn’t glance over at him much except at the beginning and then at the end. Alisan has got one heck of a voice on her. God blessed her well by giving her such an amazing gift. She is honestly one of the best female singers and voices I’ve ever heard and that is saying a lot. She doesn’t just sing. SHE SANGS! Alisan opened up her set with “All I Ask” and it was amazing. Just like with Ferras earlier the longer Alisan was on the stage and the more she sang the better things got. Other songs she did were “6AM” and “Speedracer”. Both of which I loved tremendously. There is one song she did that I don’t know the name of, but she was totally rocking out to it and the place went nuts. She was singing her face off. It was pretty amazing to see and hear. As much as everyone loved this one song the place really lit up and set on fire when she closed out her set with the awesome “The End Song”. I tell you nothing compares to watching her sing it live. The youtube videos are great but they don’t do her nearly enough justice. To make it pop even more than usual she incorporated Lady Gaga’s “Speechless” into it making it her own mash-up. I was in awe. She sang so beautifully and with such emotion and power and control. Incredible!!!!!! This is another time in the show when Adam hoot and hollered out, “YEEEEAAAHHH!!!!” I couldn’t have agreed more. Everyone loved Alisan’s mash-up of those two songs and those who had seats could not help but shower Alisan with love by standing up and applauding with the rest of us. So yes she got a standing O and it was very much deserved! With as much as everyone screamed out for Alisan I honestly don’t think anyone was more gleeful in their admiration and appreciation of Alisan than Adam except for maybe Ferras. By the way did I mention Ferras was on my side that whole time sitting on the edge of the stage next to his friends? No? Well he was!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Loved reading your whole recap. So very cool with all the stuff about Ferras. Wow he was sitting next to you guys when Ali was singing So glad that Ali ended her set with hhe "End Song"; it would not be the same if she wouldn't have.

So happy you had fun at the event

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Awesome, Teddy!! Geesh, you write so well. Don't beat yourself up for not being more assertive............I might have 'froze' as well.....yeah, I know I would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Final part to this epic long recap!

Part 3

There wasn’t that much of a wait period between the time Alisan left the stage and the time Jarvis Church came on. I wanted to stay and watch him too because 1) it was only the nice thing to do and 2) canear had told me I would really enjoy him. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see much of him other than the first minute he was on stage. It wasn’t my choice either. You see this is where things get a little sticky and I started to feel incredibly guilty. I had needed to use the restroom because I just could not hold on anymore. I turned to tell Monica where I was going and that I would be right back only for her to tell me she just saw Adam get up and she wanted to try and catch up to him. I really didn’t want to bother him. By the time we got through the crowd reaching the restroom out in the lobby he was nowhere in sight. I was truly embarrassed over the next several minutes because while I stood in line Monica was asking anybody and everybody around us if they saw where Adam went. When someone said they thought he had gone into the restroom she stood there waiting on him to walk out. She was pretty dead set on getting a picture with him only she didn’t want to do it alone. Hence why after I was done we hung around in the lobby. Now I don’t want any of you to get the wrong impression of Monica because she’s really quite harmless, but she easily gets excited and her having a disability kind of lends itself even more to that. Despite her impairment, however, like me she’s completely capable of doing just about everything. Monica is a people person like Adam. She’ll talk to anyone and everyone no matter who you are. She’s quite the social butterfly. I on the other hand am so not. But like me when it came to approaching Adam she clammed up like a rock. Knowing that I already had a chance earlier on in the evening I did my best to head her off and keep things chill. I tried to get her to stop blabbing on and on about Adam to everyone because I didn’t want people to think that’s all I was there for since the two of us were there together. I did still want to get in that real quick and sweet “hi” to Adam if I could, if I had the chance, but I didn’t want to do it like that by stocking the men’s restroom door. That is just so wrong and creepy on many levels.

Sure enough after a couple of minutes Adam popped up and he was surrounded by friends including Ferras all talking in the lobby. For whatever reason, stupid reason I might add, it occurred to me that maybe while Monica was with me, since she was the one who had the camera, I could ask Ferras for a picture and I did. The only problem is that’s not all I asked him. No I did not stop there. (This is the stupid part.) I quietly asked if perhaps Adam could be in the picture too. Monica asked the same thing except she wasn’t as subtle. Well, I’m afraid that didn’t work out so well because Ferras said we’d have to ask Adam about that ourselves and after hearing that response from him I just shut down completely. During this exchange Adam did glance over at me a few times too probably wondering who I was and what I wanted. I’m sure he recognized me from before too. I felt like such a creep. I was mentally berating myself and kicking myself in the butt and more so than I had any other time during the night. Before I could even think to say anything else let alone apologize or try to backtrack and say that I would love a picture with just him he had gone back inside. Adam soon followed him. We figured then that we might as well go back inside too. I didn’t want to miss anymore than I already had. It’s a good thing too because we would have missed Ferras and Alisan ending the night by doing "Aftermath". For the first 30 seconds of it we stood in the back just listening, with Adam behind us, but then I high-tailed it towards the front back around to where we had been much of the night to get a better view. At the same time Adam high-tailed it towards his spot too. I wanted to see them sing it and not just hear them. However, since it was the end of the show and considering we had been gone so long we lost our spots. I ended up stuck behind a couple of tall guys. I could barely peak out through the middle of them to see what was going on, I did catch Adam throwing his boat at Alisan as she continually tried to egg him on and get him to sing the song with them. I knew he wasn’t going to. I had come to that conclusion earlier on. This was a night for his friends to shine and for him to simply enjoy and support them. That’s exactly what he did. Besides I figured he wouldn’t be allowed to sing because of his contract and legal issues etc

After such a long night of great music and a good time everyone still there immediately jumped to their feet, if they weren’t already, and completely got into the song. It was so cute and funny the way Ferras fudged up the lyrics at the beginning of the song and sang a couple of the lines twice. I don’t think he forgot to forget if that makes any sense. He did partake in drinking throughout the night. Even so both he and Alisan rocked “Aftermath”. It wasn’t nearly as awesome when Adam sings it but they did great on their own. It was pretty wonderful seeing them perform the song considering they had a hand in writing and creating it. That alone is pretty awesome all in itself. I think that is one moment you just had to be there to witness for yourself because I don’t know if there will ever be another time like that again. The whole entire place was waving their arms in the air and singing along. Amazing.

Before we could get caught up in the crowd as many made their way for the exist Monica and I got out fairly quickly and by some power of the universe Adam ended up right by us just inside the door. He was up against one of the bars being stopped by a herd of people wanting to talk or take a picture. I stood a couple feet away from him off to his left like a dear caught in headlights. Monica still wanted to try for that picture but I just wanted to leave him alone. I really didn’t want to bother him any and I still felt horrible for the few short moments beforehand with Ferras. It was like the universe was teasing and taunting me by giving me another chance only to yank it out of my hands again. I suppose it was payback or maybe not.

Some girl eventually called for Adam right across the threshold and Adam did a quick spin under the rope setup there to get away from the mass of people after him and disappeared into the dressing room. I knew then he was getting ready to leave. So I did not expect or intend to go after him. We hung around in the lobby again for a little while and eventually watched as Adam got ushered out with his whole gang of people surrounding him as he went. It was pretty crazy seeing the herd of paparazzi outside with their flashing camera lights go after him along with a group of fans. I was a little freaked out by it too. I honestly just cannot imagine having to deal with that everywhere I went. It’s so intrusive, in your face and dangerous. When I witnessed that scene and saw what it was like with my very own eyes I immediately felt another wave of guilt rush over me. I might have sought Adam out a couple of times that night and not necessarily of my own accord, but everything become so suddenly clear to me at that precise moment and I could not have been more grateful for the fact that my voice failed me. I was glad I didn’t say anything to him even sparing a simple hello. I know he saw me those couple times I was by him and I do treasure those precious moments, but I really am proud of myself for not taking that step over the line. He might not have minded, probably even expected it, and sure plenty of people were doing it throughout the entire night, but in the end I didn’t want to be one of them. I think that’s why I did my best to keep Monica at bay. She probably could have gotten to him at some point on her own once done shaking off the initial nerves that rattled her, but I’m happy she didn’t.

After Adam left we were standing outside not really sure what to do. The show was over so there was no point in going back inside and staying longer than necessary. That’s when Monica spotted Alisan. She suggested we ask her for a picture, but considering all that had happened I was hesitant. But Alisan was really sweet and didn’t mind at all. So that was super nice and it was the perfect way to cap off an all-around wonderful night.

The two buses and taxi home that followed over the next two and a half hours were certainly an adventure. A very tiring adventure and it’s definitely not something I want to do again any time in the near future. There was nothing wrong it, but I just couldn’t believe it took that damn long to get home knowing it usually only takes half an hour from that area in Hollywood. I certainly did wig out when the taxi driving me home from Monica’s house went the wrong way. Blah. He was nice though and didn’t want to take the $40 I gave him when I finally did get home. It was after all $15 more than what I would have had to pay him, but at that point I did not care. He actually dropped me off right on the side of the house only because I thought it would be easier for him, but he offered to go around in order to drop me off right in front. So his kindness very well made up for going the wrong way.

Looking back over the entire night after one week has gone by even though there are a couple moments I’d rather forget I honestly would not change a single thing. Everything I had to go through to make it to the show was worth it. Every minute of the way there and every minute home. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I realize how lucky I am to have made it, how lucky I am to have met both Ferras and Alisan, how lucky I am to have shared the same space with Cassidy and most of all how lucky I am to have been in such a small intimate room with Adam. I will never forget what an amazing night it was all the way around.

THE END
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the rest of the write up. Do not feel bad about the thing with the picture request. You asked nicely and that is okay.

Even if you were a little embarrassed and stuff I am glad you had a good time.

For the trip home I think the taxi drivers were doing all possible to make it a long thing so you would have to pay more. I have ran into taxi drivers like this before and have commplained a few times about it cause it is wrong.

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 am

I'm so glad I finally got it done. It honestly took forever. But of course you know that.

Yeah I know I shouldn't feel bad, but a part of me still does and probably always will.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the taxi driver did that to me on purpose but it really seemed like he had no idea where he was going in the first place. When he came down the street to pick me up he passed right by the house and almost went down towards the other block. Just weird!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:19 am

WOW! What an adventure you had!! The trip home!!! So long!

I think it sounds like you handled yourself really well. You shouldn't feel bad about anything.

I cannot even imagine having eye contact with Adam!!! affraid

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 am

Thank you Teddy! What a whirlwind night, huh? I think you handled yourself very well too, you shouldn't have any second thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Awww, thanks Sky and FC! Your comments are much appreciated! I wish you all had been with me. We would have had quite the party together!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, we would have definitely had quite the party!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

Number of posts : 33926

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow teddy, this recap was certainly worth waiting for! I am amazed you remembered so many details. I know from experience that it's not easy!

I'm so glad that you and Monica were able to go and did it without incident. That should bode well for future outings for you!

It's always so amazing to see artists of this calibre in a small venue. There is nothing like it! I'm sorry you didn't get to see Jarvis Church though. Perhaps you'll have an opportunity to do so in the future.

It's wonderful that you gave Adam his space. Sadly he doesn't get that very often any longer. It sounds like his friends are very protective of him and that's a very good thing. I do wish, though, that he would take security with him to things like this.

How awesome that even though you didn't get to speak to Adam or have a picture with him, you got thisclose and were able to breath the same air! You'll always have that night to treasure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks for saying it was worth waiting for canear! I'm usually pretty good with details at least with the details I want to make sure to remember! Sometimes though everything just goes over my head and I couldn't even begin to tell you what from what.

Yes now that I know I can do it and that it's possible I can always fall back on it whenever I need to in the future. I honestly hope I don't need to do it that often though and certainly not anytime soon. I'm not ready for another late night like that just yet. Staying up that late at home is one thing but actually being out on the town that late is quite another!

It really astounishes me that Ferras and Alisan aren't more well known. The two of them are incredible artists. It was definitely a night I will not soon forget. As you said getting to see an artist as talented as the two of them in such a small intimate setting is something to cherish and not take for granted. Ever.

I was disappointed I didn't get to see Jarvis Church. Out of the whole evening he was the only I missed. I hope that another opportunity does come around so that I can. With just the minute of him that I saw he seemed pretty fantastic. I don't think he did a very long set because Monica and I weren't in the lobby for too long. Ten minutes maybe. Fifteen tops.

Adam's friends did seem pretty protective of him. He was never by myself the whole night and if he was it wasn't for very long. It was really nice to see.

canear you are so right. I might not have gotten to meet, speak or take a picture with Adam but simply being that thisclose to him was enough of a dream come true. Surely I'll have other chances in the futire to get "my special moment" with him, but if I don't I'll be completely fine with that. After all there aren't that many people in the world who can say they got to stand next to Adam Lambert! So I consider myself extremely lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   

Back to top Go down

Live Music Adventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next