Lady Friends


 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Live Music Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
canear

avatar

Number of posts : 34157
Age : 59
Location : Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:12 pm

How cool teddy! Is Mark solo or will it be his band with Derek Hough? I wonder if they're both as good looking in person as they are on television? fainting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:27 pm

It's just going to be Mark this time. Derek could definitely be there though. Seeing one in person is going to be exciting enough but if both turn out to be there well gosh I'm going to need help up off the floor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 am

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009

The Hotel Cafe - Mark Ballas

So my friend and I got there just after 8pm and enjoyed watching the girl that came on before Mark. She was good. Different. Not normally my style of music. Her name is Sydney Mayser. She's on the folk side. She reminded me a little bit of Dido and others like that.

I should mention as soon as we walked into the door Mark was STANDING RIGHT THERE! I was freaking out inside but was really calm on the outside. He said hello and asked us how we were. He's so sweet! (And not to mention CUTE!!!!!!!!!)

So we lucked out and got two up front seats right on the side. We had a direct view of Mark with nothing at all in the way. It was awesome. He performed a lot of new songs. Many of them will be featured on a solo acoustic EP that he's releasing sometime next month. He said to look out for it mid to late January.

He did a mash up of Sexual Healing and Waiting On The World To Change that I thought was wonderful. It was fun. I never would have imagined those two songs together, but it worked out great. Another song he did that I loved was "Pretty" which he dedicated to all the ladies in the audience. The last song he did was a real blast! I can't remember the name at the moment though. All I know is that it really got the audience going.

He did about a 10 song set. I was sad when it ended. I wanted so much more from him. I was really enjoying myself. My friend was loving it too. I definitely plan on seeing him again whenever he does another show. Hopefully it's one I can go to.

I actually have a present to share with you all too. Since I didn't want to leave you all out of my night out I ended up recording Mark's set. I didn't get the first three songs though. I didn't think about using my phone to record at first. But hey at least I got most of it!!!

So here it is.. By the way the audio is kind of crummy in parts. A little too noisy and loud but for the most part it's incredibly CLEAR and you can hear everything. Enjoy it!

sendspace.com i8lov1


Last edited by teddyhugz on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 am

Awesome review. I so can't wait for him to put out the sole acoustic ep. I will for sure get that. I love Mark's voice.

Thanks for the download hun I will get to that in the morning.

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 am

Definitely check out the download. It's well worth the listen!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I forgot to mention the best freaking part of the entire night.

So the few times Mark tweeted about his performance tonight over the last few days he kept saying he'd be more than happy to sign autographs and take pictures. Well a little bit after his set we were waiting out in the back section for him so we could talk to him. Well we're such silly girls because he was actually outside the whole time and we were starting to think we completely missed him. We were getting ready to just leave until one of the bartenders told us he was outside. Anyways so we go outside and sure enough there he is, only he's not alone. He's surrounded by all these girls just chatting away. I didn't want to interrupt and I was more than willing to wait my turn, but my friend was pressing on time. She wanted to leave to get home. Plus, she was getting really frustrated with me for not putting myself out there and going up to him. So she jumped in real quick, apologizing to the other girls, and asked if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me. His response? "Of course not! I'll take a picture with you Jennifer. Come to me baby." OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called me baby! Mark Ballas just called me baby! HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So he hugs me, wraps his arm around me and my friend takes the picture. Then he hugs me two more times before letting go. I was on cloud nine! I honestly can't remember if I said anything to him after that except a "thank you." I wish we had been able to stick around longer. I wanted to chat with him. Hopefully next time and there will be a next time! By the way that picture is on my friend's camera. So I have to wait for her to email it to me. I'm going to be on her tail to get to me ASAP! I look like a complete dork in the picture but oh well! It's Mark and me. I can't complain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 am

Not my picture but I thought I'd post it anyways.

http://twitpic.com/urf2v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

avatar

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am

Great time you must have had Teddy. I'll have to listen to him later and thanks for the download.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks Sky!

I got my picture of Mark and I. It's the smaller version though. I'm going to try and get her to email me the bigger version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:16 pm

My picture.........

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sky

avatar

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:20 pm

How adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lucky girl!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 70199
Age : 62
Location : Land of Lincoln
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Oh how cool!!! He is tall and very cute! Such a cute pic! You certainly have lots of fun and excitement in your life Teddy!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks!!!

He's really not as tall as you might think. He's actually my dad's height.

Oh yes he's definitely very cute! He's fun and sweet too. He had great stage presence (of course!) and had a wonderful rapport with the audience. I loved last night like tons!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:16 am

Has anyone listened to the mp4 yet? I want to know what you all think.

Someone on twitter was nice enough to split the songs up for me and put them in a zip file. So here's the link for that.

sendspace.com 3mg81e

And how come canear and Angel have not come in here to see my pic with Mark? I would have thought you two would be ALL OVER it!

My mom was BAD tonight. I sent an email out to the family with my recipe for the Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies and I just so happened to mention my night out last night and how I met Mark. I included the picture so they could see. Anyways I told my mom I briefly mentioned Mark in the email and I said how I was out last night with my best friend. Well mom laughed and smiled and thought I meant I was referring to Mark as my best friend. Then she got all bad and was making smart remarks about how they're going to think Mark is my boyfriend and that I should invite him to the family Christmas party next year! She was really having a hoot of a time. I just shook my head and kept saying, "MOM STOP!!!!!!!" LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:37 am

teddyhugz wrote:
My picture.........


Holy Crap you didn't say you got a pic taken with Mark when I had posted on this after you posted your write up you are so freaking lucky. I love that man so much.

Great pic hun

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:40 am

I know and I apologize for that but my mind was temporarily out in space being carried by the clouds. LOL If you go back I posted again after you responded. You just barely missed it because I think you had left to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:40 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Definitely check out the download. It's well worth the listen!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I forgot to mention the best freaking part of the entire night.

So the few times Mark tweeted about his performance tonight over the last few days he kept saying he'd be more than happy to sign autographs and take pictures. Well a little bit after his set we were waiting out in the back section for him so we could talk to him. Well we're such silly girls because he was actually outside the whole time and we were starting to think we completely missed him. We were getting ready to just leave until one of the bartenders told us he was outside. Anyways so we go outside and sure enough there he is, only he's not alone. He's surrounded by all these girls just chatting away. I didn't want to interrupt and I was more than willing to wait my turn, but my friend was pressing on time. She wanted to leave to get home. Plus, she was getting really frustrated with me for not putting myself out there and going up to him. So she jumped in real quick, apologizing to the other girls, and asked if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me. His response? "Of course not! I'll take a picture with you Jennifer. Come to me baby." OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called me baby! Mark Ballas just called me baby! HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So he hugs me, wraps his arm around me and my friend takes the picture. Then he hugs me two more times before letting go. I was on cloud nine! I honestly can't remember if I said anything to him after that except a "thank you." I wish we had been able to stick around longer. I wanted to chat with him. Hopefully next time and there will be a next time! By the way that picture is on my friend's camera. So I have to wait for her to email it to me. I'm going to be on her tail to get to me ASAP! I look like a complete dork in the picture but oh well! It's Mark and me. I can't complain!

Now I see why I missed you writing about the pic. I went to bed after I posted on here the first time.

He called you Baby Again Holy Freaking Crap you are so lucky!

ETA: Lol Teddy I think we posted at the same time. We both mentioned me going to bed after posting the first time

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:44 am

LOL we posted at the same time!

Yes he called me baby! Now you know why I forgot to include that part in my initial post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:49 am

teddyhugz wrote:
LOL we posted at the same time!

Yes he called me baby! Now you know why I forgot to include that part in my initial post!

LOL I understand that. If I would of been there and had that happen I wouldn't just forget that I would forget my name and where I lived. I would just be in another world completely :)

Hey can I print that picture out to put in one of my picture frames ? I have Canear and Kris and it would be cool having you and Mark also.

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:54 am

Sure! Absolutely.


HAHAHA well after my "moment" I have no idea what I said to him or even if I said anything. I'm pretty sure I said thank you but who the heck knows. I was so flustered and caught up in being my quiet shy self everything that happened after that just kind of went over my head. LOL

He tweeted me earlier today and asked me what the sendspace link I posted was. So I've gotten two tweets from him, three hugs, a "baby" and a picture! I'd say that's pretty freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:58 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Sure! Absolutely.


HAHAHA well after my "moment" I have no idea what I said to him or even if I said anything. I'm pretty sure I said thank you but who the heck knows. I was so flustered and caught up in being my quiet shy self everything that happened after that just kind of went over my head. LOL

He tweeted me earlier today and asked me what the sendspace link I posted was. So I've gotten two tweets from him, three hugs, a "baby" and a picture! I'd say that's pretty freaking awesome!

Ugh dang girl you are the luckiest lady. That should be a memory you will always remember just like me with my Memories of meeting George Huff. I will never ever forget that moment and I really doubt you will forget meeting Mark!

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:06 am

Nope there's not a chance I'll ever forget meeting Mark! One of the best moments ever.

Now if that luck could somehow just work a little more magic so I can meet Adam and Kris well heck my life would be bloody perfect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:12 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Nope there's not a chance I'll ever forget meeting Mark! One of the best moments ever.

Now if that luck could somehow just work a little more magic so I can meet Adam and Kris well heck my life would be bloody perfect!

If you meet either of them that would be like the best. Oy Kradam for the freaking win for sure; I swear this season I doubt they will find anybody that comes close to these two in overall everything. Talent; Personality and other stuff. Kradam and the Davids the best ever for AI.

ETA: You should put Matt in there to cause you know you would die getting up close with Matty G!

Okay hun I need to get to sleep I will be on later for sure. Have to finish burning a cd to go with my Dads present; was going to do it now but I an just to tired.

Hugs to ya and again so happy you got to meet, hug, get called Baby and get a pic with hottie sexy Mark Ballas!




Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 am

Thanks so much Angel! (((hug)))

I'm going to head out myself. I have work from 12-9. need some sleep and rest. I know it's going to be a crazy hectic messed up day. I wish I could just fast forward time already.

Good night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

avatar

Number of posts : 36671
Age : 33
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 am

Alright so I need some input. I've got four events I want to go to in mid January all around the same time, but I can't decide which ones to do. Mark has two shows coming up that he just announced on Twitter. The first one is on the 15th in Santa Monica and the other is on the 23rd in Hollywood at the famous Roxy Theatre. But then Elliott Yamin is also going to be at The Roxy on the 26th. Even though I'm not a huge Katharine McPhee fan I heard she was going to be doing Kimmel on the 14th and I thought of going just to see how she is live. I like her enough to go check her out and besides it's free so why not? However, as you can see I've got the 14th, 15th, 23rd and 26th all possible days for an event to go to and have fun. I wish I could do all four, but honestly that's just not plausible. What do you guys think I should do? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

avatar

Number of posts : 16961
Age : 46
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:22 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Alright so I need some input. I've got four events I want to go to in mid January all around the same time, but I can't decide which ones to do. Mark has two shows coming up that he just announced on Twitter. The first one is on the 15th in Santa Monica and the other is on the 23rd in Hollywood at the famous Roxy Theatre. But then Elliott Yamin is also going to be at The Roxy on the 26th. Even though I'm not a huge Katharine McPhee fan I heard she was going to be doing Kimmel on the 14th and I thought of going just to see how she is live. I like her enough to go check her out and besides it's free so why not? However, as you can see I've got the 14th, 15th, 23rd and 26th all possible days for an event to go to and have fun. I wish I could do all four, but honestly that's just not plausible. What do you guys think I should do? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

If it was me I would go to one of Mark's events and Elliott's. If you could do three both of Mark's and Elliott's.

Shannon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Live Music Adventures   

Back to top Go down
 
Live Music Adventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» * Feeling Special, Aren't Ya? *~Create And/Or Pick Your Own Music Band~
» Shameless Music Plug
» 'Twould be a grand adventure, to die... But a grander one to live. (Tag: Nergal)
» 110716 Seohyun's Paris Diary - Behind the Scenes of SMTOWN LIVE in PARIS
» 110728 Music Bank to spread its wings to US, China, Europe and Vietnam!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: