AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

Number of posts : 36671
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Taio Cruz (He's R&B kind of. He reminds me a lil bit of Usher but nowhere near as good as Usher is.)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTasK9jagZQ ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTasK9jagZQ[/url]

Mike Posner (Adam really likes him. His song "Cooler Than Me" was a big summer smash. He's on Jay-Z's label.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtR5wZCwkGs

Jason DeRulo (Yes he's Kara's guy. The one they had on one of the results shows.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lny-b7utJ9A

B.o.B (I'm not even going to touch this one because he's rap and just EWWW. But he had a huge hit this summer also with the song "Airplanes" featuring Hayley Williams from Paramore.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canear

Number of posts : 34157
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Doesn't surprise me in the least. The AMA's are about sales, not talent. I just hope that Bieber wins over Kesha. At least he's cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 70198
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Just a bunch of ugly rap crap! Not going to watch this year Evil or Very Mad Those guys are terrible! And once again the POP categories are filled with rap and R&B and real POP singers are kicked to the curb. Makes me sick. Not just because of Adam but in general. Yes, all about sales.

Mark my words - a year from now Justin B will be old news and his career over. Like Arron Carter and the JoBros etc. Super hot with tweens one year and gone the next. I really am sick of this kid being everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Well it's not his fault. We don't have to watch or listen to him if we don't want to. I'd rather see him everywhere than many others. He's harmless and the tweens love him. No harm, no foul.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

Number of posts : 16961

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I am not Justin B's fan but after reading the USA Today paper today I am happy for him that he is doing well and being able to make some money. He and his mom have had a hard life and I wish him all the best.

I am not a fan of the AMA's cause they do not nominate sooooooooooooooo many people that should be nominated from all Genres

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Yep Angel. You see the same names like Usher and Eminem in all the categories! Eminem's songs are filled with hate and yet he is awarded endlessly and in the POP cats as well as Rap.

What bothers me is Justin is making it huge just for being a cute boy that little girls love. His music is nothing special and he cannot sing live. Just like Ke$ha is a hot mess when she sings live. Such a shame for the people with REAL talent.

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:53 pm

But even the Grammy Awards are like this. They might not be as horrendous but they play the same game. Sure they have appropriate and separate categories for practically every kind of music you can think of and the majority is truly deserved of being rewarded and recognized. However, the pop categories and so forth do tend to have the same names in it as R&B or Hip-Hop. It's quite the shame. If the Grammy's dare to even nominate some of these people listed above though I am seriously going to be sick especially if they're in the new artist category.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 am

Yes, even the Grammys have taken hits for now being about rewarding for sales more than talent. See Taylor Swift! I will bet my life you will see Justin B and Ke$ha in the best new artist cat and not Adam. I can feel it.

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 am

Why are awards so important anyhow? I gave up giving them any credence years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:32 am

I guess because we just like to see truly talented people rewarded and excepted by their peers - and not just for sales and $$$. In Adam's case - first openly gay male popstar. The acceptance would mean a lot.

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 pm

The awards sure don't mean the same like they used to years ago at least not to the fans watching and your usual MUSIC lover. They mean the world to the artist though. It would be everything if Adam was recognized let alone actually awarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Quote :
It would be everything if Adam was recognized let alone actually awarded.

I don't see that happening any time soon, the macho guys will always be chosen first over Adam. shrugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:12 pm

And it seems like for the last decade or more the awards are all about rap, hip/hop and R&B. It is horrible IMHO that the Pop cats are filled with rappers.

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Firecracker wrote:
And it seems like for the last decade or more the awards are all about rap, hip/hop and R&B. It is horrible IMHO that the Pop cats are filled with rappers.

That's why I haven't watched them recently. Even the category of "rock" has been taken over by songs I don't consider 'rock'. The songs that are rock have moved over to heavy metal, and they aren't heavy metal!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 am

Firecracker wrote:
I guess because we just like to see truly talented people rewarded and excepted by their peers - and not just for sales and $$$. In Adam's case - first openly gay male popstar. The acceptance would mean a lot.

Acceptance for sure would mean a lot.

Why do people keep saying Adam is the first openly gay popstar?

Sam Harris has cd's out there and they are pop. The man has been out for quite a long time and pretty much all know it. Does he not count or something because his songs don't get played a lot on the radio?

ETA: Sam has a song on his cd that he calls a Gay rock ballad. It is called HE and he wrote it for his husband.

ETA: Also I am confused isn't Gaga bisexual??? She is pop for sure.

I am not trying to argue I just honestly am confused at why people say that of Adam.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:16 am

I think it's because Sam and Adam are not same kind of pop. Sam may be pop to you and others but I think for the most part he would be more considered as AC. Adam is completely mainstream in every way. Sam is not. Adam has got success on the AC charts yes but he's got success on the HOT AC plus the Pop charts too. He's literally EVERYWHERE. Adam is one of a kind because for MOST people and to most people he is the first openly gay pop star that they have ever known of. Do you get what I mean? By and large the general public has never known anyone like Adam. I have never known anyone like Adam. He's completely out there and completely visible. Sam is nowhere near on the same level or platform. Honestly the two are completely different. You really can't put them in the same category despite them both always being out and proud at the start of their careers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 am

Agree Teddy! Also, Sam was not open from the first CD on. Adam was out before he even started recording his first CD. That is why it is brought up in many articles about him. The first to try and start a pop career out and proud. Others have come out after their success. Some many years after like Clay.

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:56 pm

teddyhugz wrote:
I think it's because Sam and Adam are not same kind of pop. Sam may be pop to you and others but I think for the most part he would be more considered as AC. Adam is completely mainstream in every way. Sam is not. Adam has got success on the AC charts yes but he's got success on the HOT AC plus the Pop charts too. He's literally EVERYWHERE. Adam is one of a kind because for MOST people and to most people he is the first openly gay pop star that they have ever known of. Do you get what I mean? By and large the general public has never known anyone like Adam. I have never known anyone like Adam. He's completely out there and completely visible. Sam is nowhere near on the same level or platform. Honestly the two are completely different. You really can't put them in the same category despite them both always being out and proud at the start of their careers.

What do you mean platform? I ask this cause Sam is huge for the gay rights stuff. He has been big time trying to help make things right for Gay and lesbians. You should watch his vlogs cause he talks about this stuff a lot.

Also Sam never hid the fact he was gay he just never told anybody. if he wasn't asked he just didn't talk about it. He has gone into great detail about his whole life from being gay to his addictions to alcohol.

Also what do you mean by most of the general public don't know of anybody like Adam?

Last edited by AngelWings on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Angel, I wish I could break it down further and explain more in depth as to what I mean but I don't know how else to say it than how I did above. I thought I was pretty explanatory as it was. I'm sorry you don't understand it completely.

FC, do you think you could help me out here in an easy gentle way?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey I am sorry I just want to understand and I feel stupid that I don't get it Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Also if this is a subject I shouldn't be asking questions on then I will just drop it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Oh no Angel it's not like that at all!!!! I didn't mean it harshly. I'm sorry. And no you're not stupid. You're no such thing! It's completely okay to ask questions! I'm just kind of stumped as to how to explain it more than I did. Words are usually my friend but tonight they're kind of my enemy. I'm just not in the right head space.

hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

So I'm going to try and explain this. When I was talking about Adam being on a bigger platform I meant it as in he's on a bigger stage. A worldwide stage. He's known and seen by more people all around the world. He's also talked about a whole heck of a lot more. So when he speaks his words have a much bigger impact and influence. Everything he does is dissected with a fine toothed comb. Even the smallest most trivial things get Adam's name mentioned in articles and in the news. It is for this reason Adam is on a bigger platform than Sam. All the way around. I'm not talking about specifically in the LGBT area either. That's not what we're really talking about here. Adam has said he doesn't want to be a spokesperson or activist even if he has the celebrity status and platform to do so. He doesn't want to get pinned down by that or labeled because that's all he's for. He supports it fully of course. No one can have any doubt about that. He even announced last night at the Malaysia press conference he would be doing a "It Gets Better" video to help lend his voice in support of those suffering and against those who are causing the suffering. Anyways the world at large. the general public has not seen anyone like Adam before because he's not like anyone who has stood on such a huge landscape with the immense star power he has especially at the very start of his career. Let me say that again STAR POWER. START OF HIS CAREER. Adam is who he is and he loves himself. He's a gay, flamboyant, outrageous, glitter loving man. He's out and proud and doesn't hide anything. He's outspoken and fiercely so. But he's also extremely magnetic, kind, caring, charming and giving. His stage presence is out of this world. He commands a crowd and captures them in his glamorous universe showering them in love and acceptance. (Don't forget the glitter and sparkle either.) As for the talent well he has that in spades. No one can honestly discount just how truly talented he is. It is because of all the above and more that he truly fascinates people. He fascinates people in positive ways but in negative ways too and let's face it that negativity is because he's GAY. Forget his talent. His being gay may be largely accepted but it is for that reason he won't get certain recognitions that he so incredibly deserves. So you see there truly has never been anyone like him on the market before. Adam's voice is hugely important not simply for singing, but for speaking too even if he doesn't particularly want to go down that road sometimes concerning certain subjects. Regardless of that though what he says matters because he's got the high celebrity status behind him and pushing him. Sam has got a voice too as does everyone else. We all have a voice but our voices aren't often heard. We don't have much to back us up except ourselves. That's the difference between us and those in the spotlight. They have the power to influence people and make something happen. They have the power to change things. Consider Oprah for instance. Look at how much influence she has over so many things. Just being on her show makes the world of difference to anyone. Neither Adam or Sam can even touch what she has but out of the two Adam comes the closest. Does any of this help you understand what I'm saying? I feel like if I keep talking I'll just keep saying the same thing over and over again. I honestly don't know how else to explain but I wanted to try for you Angel. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 am

Thanks for explaining the platform comment and I get it now. What you say makes sense thanks for going into more detail.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 am

Your welcome. I'm glad what I said helped you understand. Again I'm sorry if I made you feel bad earlier. I never meant to. I also hope you know I'm not discrediting Sam for anything he's done and said and will continue to do in the future. I know he's a great man with a lot of talent. His voice lends itself extremely well to anything he puts it toward. And I know how much you think the world of him and love him in many different ways too. So I'd never say he wasn't important or great because he is. I just don't see him on the same playing field as Adam when it comes to certain things.

hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:57 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Your welcome. I'm glad what I said helped you understand. Again I'm sorry if I made you feel bad earlier. I never meant to. I also hope you know I'm not discrediting Sam for anything he's done and said and will continue to do in the future. I know he's a great man with a lot of talent. His voice lends itself extremely well to anything he puts it toward. And I know how much you think the world of him and love him in many different ways too. So I'd never say he wasn't important or great because he is. I just don't see him on the same playing field as Adam when it comes to certain things.

hugging

No problem hon. You didn't make me feel bad but you know I get embarrassed when I don't get things right off the bat.

Also I know you weren't dissing or discrediting Sam in anyway so on that area no worries either flower

Go get some rest and have a great day!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS    

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next