Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ONE TREE HILL

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:56 am

So this is the first time I'm starting a topic on my own. Feels kind of weird, but I guess it's an okay weird. lol Anyways I just finished catching up on the show. I watched the first two episodes a couple nights ago and then finished up with the next four tonight. After getting through everything I just needed to come on here and talk about it. So talk about it I shall.

WOW!

That's all I can think of to describe everything going on. Sure there are a number of words I could use but WOW just seems to fit at the moment. Let me start off by saying that I didn't think I'd be able to get into the show or even begin to like it as much without the characters of Lucas and Peyton (played by Chad and Hilary). I love those two so much. Their presence is definitely missed and I do still wish they were there. I think the two of them help "make" the show. I mean of course they help make the show otherwise it wouldn't be where it is today. So in saying that not having two of the most popular and important people there seems really strange to me. But that doesn't mean it can't work or adapt without them.

I'm enjoying the new characters of Quinn and Clay. They add a mysterious level to the show. Something different and fresh. It's interesting. The more and more it goes along the more I want to find out about them especially Clay. I think they're doing a really good job of adding their own element to the show. They make Clay out to be this womanizer when he's really not or at least not completely. There's something deeper there that's going on. Something troubling him. He's not just this guy who sleeps with all kinds of women. I want to know what's underneath that facade of his.

Now who the heck is this biyotch trying to ruin Nathan and Hayley??? The girl better step to the freaking side I tell you!!!!! Is she the same actress that was just on Gossip Girl playing Nate's now ex-love interest? It looks like it's the same one. Either way I don't care. They just need to get rid of her!!! Oy but now she's gonna go on Dan's show, which will only succeed in making matters that much worse. Blah. Blah. BLAH! I can't stand her. Then again I'm not supposed to. If it is the same chick as was on GG then damn she does a good job at playing a freaking witch! If it's not well I'm pretty dang sure I've seen her before. As for do I believe Nathan and that he didn't cheat with this money grubbing woman. Yes I do! I mean really? I've been wrong in the past though so who knows.

Moving right along, Alex the model, boy does that girl make me want to pull out my hair and scream my head off. Holy crap she's so annoying! She can be nice at times although that's only because she wants to get in Julian's pants. The little skank. Not that I blame her or anything but step off that's Brooke's man! I did laugh when she came out naked in the one episode and Julian's reaction to her was priceless. Too funny. It's clear she's got some deep issues underneath all that bimbo drug/alcoholic addict crap. There's something there to show us she's actually human. There has to be something there. Hopefully we get to see it and she stops being bloody annoying otherwise I'm just going to want to slap her more. Speaking of slapping I wouldn't mind doing that to the money grubbing woman screwing with Nathan and Hayley's marriage!!!

Milicent oh Milicent. I'm so happy to see her getting more involved and having a bigger storyline. She's getting in some rough waters this season. All that hanging out with bimbo model Alex is starting to rub off on her and definitely not in a good way. Oh no not in a good way at all. Seeing her popping pills is yikes! Not something I ever thought her character would do. That's the point though is it not? She's got to have some flavor and spice even if it's of the bad variety. I love her still and am curious to see how they're going to play out this story with her. I hope it doesn't mess her relationship up with Mouth. That would just suck. Besides there's enough relationship drama going around with the others adding another would just be too much! I know things aren't that easy so of course will have an impact.

On to Dan and Rachel. EWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Enough said about them two coming together. Oh my goodness who would have thought? I wonder how the writers came up with that idea. They must have had one too many drinks to think of this one. LOL Seriously aside from the creep factor putting them together only makes for more evil. It's already starting to reak havoc by having money grubbing woman appear on Dan's show. Hmmm. Buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride!!!

The Dan and Rachel pairing is kind of a genius storyline. She seems ruthless but every now and again behind her crappy ways and evil plans she shows her heart. She shows she cares. She's trying to help Dan heal even if it adds to her success along with screwing up the lives of old friends. I wonder what the others think of her and Dan together. Dan tries real hard to make up for his mistakes. He's desperately seeking forgiveness and redemption. He's got it from everyone except for the people who mean and matter the most to him in the world. His sons. Nathan. It makes you feel really sad for him. He's still so cold and hard on the exterior though it makes it difficult to want to root for him. You just want to see him crack for that one moment.

Overall, the show has still got me hooked and interested. Even without Lucas and Peyton the drama remains and there's enough of it to keep you watching. Like I said in the beginning their presence is greatly missed, but I think things are working alright without them and that says a lot. It speaks volumes seeing a show be able to stand steady on it's feet even without two of it's biggest stars. Aside from that the one other thing I really miss most is the weaving of Lucas thoughts and lessons throughout each episode. I miss having those intellectual and heartfelt moments. Those were great.

So much is going on. So many ways things could go. I'm looking forward to watching how everything will unravel and play out.

FC what are your thoughts on the show? I think you're the only one besides me who watches it. Would sure love to gab on about it with you!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:18 am

I have to watch the last two episodes I have on tape (along with the last two Gossip Girls) I plan to watch them Saturday or Sunday for sure.

I'll discuss with you then!

Glad you finally started a thread! :D

ONE TREE HILL 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:23 pm

I'll be waiting for you then FC! ONE TREE HILL Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:33 am

What a turn around on the show tonight!!!

I didn't expect things to happen this quickly regarding the big Nate scandal.

And we got a look into Clay and what's made him the way he is. The look into his past damn near broke my heart. Scratch that. It did break my heart.

Seeing a look into Quinn's past was really great too. We got a closer look at her and how she got to where she is.

Just an all around awesome tonight.

Hope you caught up with the shows you missed FC. You're really missing out on a lot!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 am

I watched last week's episode and have last night's on tape. I don't think I will be able to watch it today - not unless the 4 year old doesn't come for some reason. I can watch it tomorrow though. Now I am dying to see what went down with Nate!!

ONE TREE HILL 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:04 pm

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and pleased FC! It was a good turn of events. I hadn't expected for it to happen but I hoped!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Well, I got to watch the episode today! I am so glad I didn't read any spoilers. I had NO idea that Clay was "seeing" his dead wife. Very sad indeed. Also very well done as I didn't see that coming.

Pretty cool how it turned out to be Dan to get Nathan off the hook. I wonder if this season Dan and Nathan will patch things up at all? I still HATE that they had Dan kill Keith Evil or Very Mad I really loved Keith and his relationship with Lucas and his mom.

My one pet peeve about this show is Sophia Bush talking in that raspy whisper! I swear it bugs the crap out of me!!!

I must admit I am missing Peyton and Lucas. The show just isn't the same without them. I hope they at least visit some day.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 pm

I thought it was pretty cool that Dan was the one to get Nathan off the hook too. I had hoped for it. I really did. He's trying so hard to make up for all his wrongs especially that one wrong that totally fudged him and everything else up. I want him to be able to patch things up with his boys. I know he shows this really strong hard exterior but he's pretty soft inside. You just need to look past that to reach it. I don't like that they had him kill Keith either. That story really bit the dust.

I see I'm not alone in missing Peyton and Lucas. The show is doing pretty well without them, but those two they just carried so much weight and offered so much magic and sparkle. Hopefully they are able to come back for a visit or two at some point. I don't know if the show can stand without them for a really long period of time. I mean it's doing fine now, but oh I just don't know. The problem is the show is the one that let them go. They wouldn't renew their contracts. So they didn't leave on their own. They were pushed out. Why I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:41 am

Really? I had read that Chad Micheal Murray wanted out for other projects. I know he writes and directs also, besides movie offers, so I figured it was true he wanted out. I did know that the show let go of Hilarie Burton and she seemed really sad about that.

I think the show can go on just fine without them - there are still plenty of good characters - I myself followed Chad to the show from Gilmore Girls so he was the main reason I started watching.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:52 am

Well, that's what I had heard. I don't know how much of it is true or whether it's true at all in any shape or form. I know Chad likes to do more than what he was doing the show so if he left in part to pursue other opportunities and more of then I can totally see that.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:44 am

Tonight's show sure had some "scary" to it! It also had it's straight out funny moments too.

Rachel sure is a beyotch!!!!!!! Dang, it makes me feel so bad for Dan. He can't even go one day without her as his wife reminding him he's a murderer. Again he's trying so hard to do good and yet no one is cutting him a break. I hope he gets what he wants soon though. At least a little relief would be nice. He's heading back for Tree Hill so we'll see what comes of that.

I'm so happy Clay finally turned to somebody about losing his wife. That storyline really was making me feel depressed tonight while watching. Now that he's finally opened up hopefully the road to mend his heart will be on it's way.

I'm really worried for Brooke and Julian. I really love them. Now that we have one crisis situation solved though I just know they're going to rev up this one and cause problems for them. I guess as long the end result ends up a happy one I'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm

HOLY CRAP!!

What is the deal with this show?? I watched tonight's episode (yes, I am horribly behind in catching up on missed episodes) and it seems half the cast is leaving!!! affraid

It was good - but it almost felt like a series finale!

Have you heard if all the actors are truly leaving the show?

Quinn is ridiculously pretty!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I love Clay!!!! So cute!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

I haven't heard about any more of the cast leaving. I'll have to go search things out. If I find something I'll bring it over.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 am

OTH returns this coming Monday January 18th. Here's a promo for the return and Bethany Joy (Hayley) singing a song called "Girl In The Moon".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlC5d95vwt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCjCxT-7fc
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 am

About time the CW brings back the shows!!!

I am looking forward to the new one "Life Unexpected"! I have read many glowing reviews on it! Anything compared to Gilmore Girls has me interested for sure!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Oh I'm looking forward to that show as well FC! It looks really great and like you said the reviews have been very favorable!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:28 am

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT AT THE END OF THE SHOW TONIGHT? OMG!!!!

WAS THAT HAYLEY WHO FELL IN THE POOL? AND SHE'S SERIOUSLY TRYING TO KILL HERSELF BY DROWNING?

JUST WHAT THE F*** ARE THEY DOING TO MY FAVORITE SHOWS?

ONE TREE HILL Affraid ONE TREE HILL Affraid ONE TREE HILL Affraid ONE TREE HILL Affraid
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:02 am

I KNOW!! Since Haley's mom died she has fallen into a deep depression. They never even showed her mom or made it seem like they were that close. Now good ole solid as a rock Haley doesn't want to live for her SON because of her mom?

I am really not enjoying the show this season and my hope is it is canceled so that they pick up "Life Unexpected". I LOVED THAT SHOW and so want it to come back next season. I am officially so over OTH. Sadly, Luke and Payton were they best for me and it hasn't been the same without them.

The CW said they will only bring back one of the these two shows. OTH is long in the tooth and Life Unexpected was a breath of fresh air.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeah I agree with you there FC. Lucus and Peyton were the very best. They helped make the show and their departure just totally made things tank. It was good for a while but not anymore. The show has been on the rocks for quite a while actually. The last two years it's been on thin ice unknowing whether it would return or not. I think it's finally time they put an end to it. Just wrap up the show and hopefully do it right please.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, I loved tonight's season finale. It was going so sweet and really seemed like a series finale. I thought they were making it the perfect final episode in case they don't come back. Then the last couple seconds of the show and WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Seems like both shows went out with a lot of ONE TREE HILL 13668 moments tonight. I think it would be a damn shame if they canceled OTH now after leaving it like that tonight. That would be pretty damn messed up. Maybe they could just renew both shows and have them each on half a year instead of the whole year.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:33 pm

That would be a great idea. Instead of reruns and holiday breaks let them each have half of a season.

I think even if the show is canceled they might do a special to wrap things up. It's been on a very long time and they would owe the fans that much.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah a two hour finale special would probably be good enough to patch things up and end it well. That would be good and a great alternative to a half or whole season. Hopefully if they don't renew they'll at least do that because like you said they at least owe the fans that much.

I think half a season would be doable for both shows. Like you said FC no re-runs or holiday breaks except I could see them working in a two week break to a month tops around Christmas and New Years. That would be okay.

CW shows tend to start earlier than most others. They start at the very beginning of September. So if they did half a season for one of the shows say starting Sept 6th and ending Dec 20th that would be a 16 week run. Plenty of show. Then they could start the next show on January 24th and it would end on May 9th. Again that would be a 16 week run. Heck they could flex it a little too and give it a couple more weeks if they wanted to. Of course what do I know because surely there's a lot involved in the whole process. So they probably won't even think to do something like this.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

I would be thrilled with at least 16 episodes of Life Unexpected! That show ended with a cliffhanger too and I just HAVE to know what happened!!

Like I said before - I really am over OTH and other than the shooting would have loved for this to have been the series finale. Brooke getting married. Naley having a baby girl. All the friends together and happy. I was so prepared for it to be over.

I do want to know what happens to Clay and Quinn - but in all honestly they are not an interesting couple to me or enough to get me to fall in love with the show again.

I miss the days it was about the brothers and basketball and their dad. I miss Lucus and Peyton big time. I miss Mouth with Millie!

So for me a special wrapping it up is best. But I could deal with half and half seasons.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Clay and Quinn might not be an interesting couple or as great a couple as the others but it would be nice to know what happens to them. I'd really hope that they don't end up dead. That would just be horrible and screw up a lot of other things. I could live with just a two hour special finale. And if that's the route they decide to go hopefully it all ends perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ONE TREE HILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE TREE HILL   ONE TREE HILL Empty

Back to top Go down

ONE TREE HILL
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: