Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UK TV "stuff"

Go down 
+7
Badger
horselaydee
aerwin
teddyhugz
Sky
Firecracker
Adrift
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39694
Registration date : 2009-05-31

UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Holy heck I was totally spot on with the group and over 28 categories! I was close with the boys too. The girls category though has me shocked. I honestly don't know what Cheryl was thinking! Well maybe I know what she was thinking but I think she goofed up a bit. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:07 pm

I've somewhat caught up! I do like Cher. Did Katie make it?

I also like Matt, Storm, One Direction and John was okay.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Yes Katie made it.

Groups

One Direction
Bell Amie
F.Y.D

Girls

Rebecca
Katie
Cher

Boys

Aiden
Nicolo
Matt

Over 28

Mary
Storm
John

The big twist is supposedly a wild card. So all 20 contestants will be back for the live show. Each judge will pick someone who didn't make their initial top 3 in their respective category. Each one will sing and then the public decides who to put through and that person will become the 13th contestant. Of course I don't know if any of the above is true but I'm pretty sure that it is.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm not big on groups, so that category doesn't really interest me, but I thought One Direction was okay.

I only watched Katie when she broke down, but I love her voice as well as Cher. All three guys are okay but I like Matt the best.

Mary is good and I really like Storm! A little 'iffy' on the Sweet Child of Mine (because I LOVE that song) and he did 'Can't Live' (not sure if that's the official title or not) really well.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:36 pm

The title of the song is "Without You".

Yes I love "Sweet Child of Mine" too. That's one of my absolute favorites! Storm did alright with it. I hope he does really well on the show. I quite like him! He does remind me of somebody else though.......I just can't figure out exactly who he reminds me of. lol

Matt is certainly a standout with the guys. He has such a unique voice!! Really interesting.

I liked Katie from the very beginning when I saw her first audition. I love her spunk and quirky personality. I'm just not sure how well she's going to do under the pressure. I pray she can keep it together. The same thing for Cher. There is a market out there for the two of these girls, but they really need to stay strong and not buckle like they did in their performances during the judges house round.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Ha! Storm reminds me of someone else too and I can't quite place who. Both Katie and Cher have that 'something different'!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Quote :
initial rumours that the ‘wildcards’ would be picked live on Saturday, the decisions have already been made and the contestants have found out their fate…

For the groups, it seems as though Simon has decided to opt for a little bit of fun by picking singing duo Diva Fever, who performed Girls Aloud’s ‘Love Machine’ at judges’ houses this weekend.

Louis meanwhile has returned to offer Wagner a chance in the live shows, he’ll be joining his top 3 choices of Mary, Scott and John.

Aussie judge Dannii Minogue is reported to have picked Paije Richardson to return to compete as the fourth member for her Boys category this week.

Finally Cheryl Cole is said to have picked Treyc Cohen as her wildcard for the Girls, a perhaps controversial choice given the public annoyance at Gamu not getting through, however these decisions were made before the weekend’s shows were aired.

It is currently unclear what part the four wildcards will play in the competition, whether all four will compete to make a Top 16 or whether the public will vote to keep only one of them in the competition will be revealed this Saturday (October 9).

As always these are still rumours and not confirmed – however so were the final 12 leaks and they were all correct…

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Quote :
Cheryl Cole engulfed in row over 'racism' after she boots out Gamu... and snubs the chance to bring her back as a wildcard
By Sara Nathan and Jack Doyle
Last updated at 11:34 AM on 5th October 2010

Cheryl Cole was at the centre of a race row last night after failing to put a black contestant through to the X Factor final despite admitting that she had an outstanding voice.

On Sunday, Mrs Cole decided that Gamu Nhengu, who had been one of the favourites to win the ITV talent show, would not go through to the last 12.

After selecting two contestants who had trouble with their auditions - Cher Lloyd and Katie Waissel - Cheryl told the 18-year-old Zimbabwean: ‘You are extremely adorable. You’ve got a great voice.

‘It’s just a question for me now as to whether you brought the star quality that I was looking for yesterday.’

And the Daily Mail can reveal that Cheryl has not picked Gamu as her 'wildcard' contestant for this weekend.

After hearing Cheryl's decision on Sunday night, which was watched by a huge 16.2million viewers - a record at this stage in the competition, and more than tuned in to the 2008 final - critics bombarded social networking websites with complaints.

Britain's Got Talen star Amanda Holden ranted on her Twitter: 'Very shocked to see Gamu not thru. Waste!'

This Morning presenter Holly Willoughby added: 'If Gamu does come back as a wildcard she could go on and win it. She is going to have the whole nation behind her. That is an advantage!'

Twitter user, Reggie_Raye, said: ‘Every African mum in the country blamed Cheryl’s decision on racism, I know mine did.’

Another, frank_wh17e, wrote: ‘Is it me or is racism still alive?’

One message repeated on the site read: ‘Cheryl is so daft. I mean, just because Africa gave you malaria doesn’t mean you should take it out on poor Gamu.’

Mrs Cole, 27, was seriously ill with malaria this summer after a trip to Tanzania in the wake of the collapse of her marriage to footballer Ashley Cole over his infidelity.

A fan on Digital Spy’s forum wrote: ‘If these decisions were made on U.S. X Factor, there’d be a race riot. I swear to God, African-Americans would go mental.’

On the Facebook group ‘I hate Cheryl Cole! She is racist!’, set up yesterday, Morgan Michaela Davis wrote: ‘I don’t want to see racist people as judges on X Factor so I’ve complained to [regulator] Ofcom to have her sacked! Everyone should do the same.’

Yesterday, show sources said the X Factor racism claims had deeply upset Mrs Cole.

In 2003, she was charged with racially aggravated assault after being involved in an altercation with a nightclub toilet attendant.

The singer was found guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but cleared of racially aggravated assault and was sentenced to 120 hours of community service and ordered to pay her victim £500 in compensation.

Friends said her black friend, the rapper Will.i.am was with her when she decided against Gamu – and she had in fact acted on the advice of the production team.

Show sources claimed there were concerns over Gamu’s immigration status because her mother was in the process of renewing her visa to obtain leave to remain in Britain.

A friend said: ‘Cheryl is the least racist person imaginable. How can you say she is racist when she was married to a black man and had a black man sitting next to her at judge’s house?

‘She takes her advice from the production team and is extremely upset by these slurs. She is mortified. Cheryl is really, really upset, to say the least. It’s unfair to blame her solely for the fact that Gamu was not able to go through to the live shows.

‘Cheryl is a professional to her core and she loves the show. She was told by the producers that Gamu had some visa issues and they were worried about problems occurring later on during the show.’

Miss Nhengu moved to Scotland eight years ago with her two younger brothers, after their mother, 38, began studying at Stirling University.

She has qualified as a nurse and was allowed to stay in the UK under the Fresh Talent scheme and had leave to remain – the right to stay – until August 29 this year.

The family re-applied to stay in the UK in August but their application will take a couple of months to process. Home Office sources said there were no difficulties over her working.

The UK Border Agency said: ‘The family have resubmitted applications for leave to remain in the UK. Supporting documents, including passports, are required as part of the application process.

‘Once the applicants make appointments to submit their biometric details, the applications will be considered in line with our published guidance.’

An X Factor source said: ‘It was lucky that Cheryl did her judge’s house in the UK as we would have had problems taking Gamu abroad as she does not have a valid passport.’

But the production insider stressed: ‘There were worries about Gamu’s immigration status during the auditions. But truly, Gamu did not make Cheryl’s final three as there were others thought to be more talented. That’s what it came down to.’

Meanwhile, Cher Lloyd, 17, made it through to the final 12, despite concerns over her vulnerability.

Fears were raised for Miss Lloyd after she buckled under the pressure during her final audition for Mrs Cole and failed to sing after battling a sore throat.

But yesterday her father hit out at claims that she was too frail to take part, saying ‘her mental state is fine’.

The show’s producers are keeping a close eye on her and have made a counsellor available to all contestants. Mrs Cole decided to send Cher through based on her previous performances.

But her father Darren Lloyd dismissed the concerns. He told the Daily Mail: ‘People have said she cracked under the pressure with her audition on Saturday night but that was rubbish.

‘She had tonsillitis and found it very difficult to sing. We are totally behind her and support her. She deserves to be in the live finals.

‘Cher is absolutely delighted and excited to be in the live finals. Her mental state is fine, she’s focused and excited,’ added Mr Lloyd, from Malvern, Worcestershire.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That's positively absurd to accuse Cheryl for something like that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 pm

It is absurd..............
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 82192

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 am

I hate to say it but it happens a lot! People play the race card when they don't like an outcome. It is just insane to accuse her of that. She was married to a black man and has black friends.

UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Acoustic performance of Joe singing his single "Ambitions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4tdDNBSbE

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:00 am

Quote :
X Factor reject Gamu Nhengu told to leave UK
X Factor reject Gamu Nhengu, whose axeing from the show caused a storm among viewers, has been told to leave the UK, it was confirmed today.

The teenager, kicked off the show by judge Cheryl Cole at the weekend despite being a huge hit with fans, must return to her native Zimbabwe, the UK Border Agency said.

Miss Nhengu, 18, was allowed to stay in the country as a dependant while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, studied at university.

But her visa has now expired and the family's application to remain has been rejected as they did not meet Home Office criteria.

The family has now been told to leave the UK voluntarily or face deportation.

A spokesman for the Home Office said the decision to axe the student from The X Factor was the business of the television show.

He could not say whether Cole had come to her conclusion after talks between immigration officials and the programme's bosses.

Officials were speaking to Miss Nhengu and her family, who arrived in Scotland from Zimbabwe five years ago, about leaving the UK. They do not have a right to appeal and the singer cannot apply separately to remain in this country.

A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "The applications made by Ms Ngazana and her family were considered in line with the published immigration rules.

"Ms Ngazana's application was refused as it did not meet all of the conditions for approval. Her family, who had applied as her dependants, were therefore also refused.

"Where people are found to have no right to remain in the UK, we expect them to leave voluntarily."

So far, more than 210,000 fans have signed up to a Facebook page called Gamu Should Have Got Through, protesting against the decision by Cole on Sunday to leave Miss Nhengu out of the final 12.

Former X Factor star Stacey Solomon gave her backing to the starlet yesterday, saying: "I think she should get a second chance, and everyone thinks it. But we'll see what happens. Everyone loves her, she was brilliant."

At least one of the rejected contestants will be given a lifeline at the weekend as a "wild card" on Saturday night's programme, although it is thought Miss Nhengu will not be among them.

Show bosses have already denied suggestions that Cole had been influenced by visa issues.

A show spokeswoman said: "Gamu's visa being processed was not the reason that she didn't make the final 12."
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:01 am

Talk about having a bad week.

I don't watch it and know nothing about her but fans are always pissed when their contestant doesn't make the final cut. If she got through and another was cut instead then I am sure those fans would be pissed also.

If they are supposed to leave the country than that is what they should do. And I am sure Cheryl will take more shit and get more death threats. How lovely..... Rolling Eyes

UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Storm.........yikes, what was that? It wasn't a bad performance though.
Rebecca...I don't like
John........NO
Matt....Like but was a bit shaky in parts
Cher......She was good even if I don't like her style!
Katie........really good!
Nicolo.....that was okay
Mary......awesome voice just not my cuppa
One Direction......not so good. It was quite evident which ones were the better singers.
FYD.......NO NO NO
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Ouch. Sounds like it wasn't such a very good first night.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I saw a You Tube of Cher's performance and I am not a fan shrugging

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I probably would not buy any recordings by her, but I find her a bit different and that I like.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:10 am

Aiden.............he did Mad World! Not as good as Adam but he was good. Weird how he's been compared to Adam and Simon mentions Adam.

http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2010/10/simon-cowell-mentions-adam-lambert-on-x-factor-ish.html
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:14 am

teddyhugz wrote:
Acoustic performance of Joe singing his single "Ambitions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4tdDNBSbE

Love it. I wish I could get this when it comes out.

Shannon praying shannonangel
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:55 am

Do you mean the whole album Angel?

I was kind of thinking of ordering it off Amazon. I'm going to look into it. I'll let you know if I do.
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 am

OK - X-Factor guy doing Mad World - I thought he was horrid!

Creepy looking kid. Looked angry as hell like he wanted to rip someones face-off. I hated his voice and thought some notes were really off. Plus he totally copied Adam's look and positioning on the chair and when he got up off the chair. I would have booted him off the stage if I were a judge.

So there you have my honest opinion Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 am

I'm sure Simon or whoever has that group made him do it like Adam. I didn't think he was horrid but I didn't like his facial features while singing because he did look mean. The singing was kind of okay, but after hearing Adam who else could really compare?
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:16 am

I found his voice weird with a few really off notes. Nowhere near as flawless as Adam sings it! The mean look was so off putting. I mean it's a sad song not an I'm gonna kill you song! Razz

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 pm

I just read the results from tonight's show. I can't say much on who went home because I still have not watched last night's performance show. I'm not even sure it's worth it to spend the time on it but I probably will anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK TV "stuff"   UK TV "stuff" - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

UK TV "stuff"
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next