Share | 

WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 70430
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Here is where we will discuss how we feel about what we would like to see in the way of recording and concerts for our fave artists.

ROCK OUT ADAM!!!!! :adamwings:

SING A FEW SLOW ONES ADAM!!!!! :adamwings:

MAKE ME DANCE ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!! thewave

BUT MOST OF ALL - MAKE SURE THERE ARE A LOT OF GORGEOUS PIX IN THE BOOKLET IN THE CD CASE!! whistle

biggrin

Also, Angel - I do not find anything argumentative. Just us voicing our opinions. We can have different opinions, wishes, ideas etc. and talk about them and it is not arguing. I have no problems at all if people don't agree with me! I'LL JUST BAN YOU ALL IF YOU DON'T!!

KIDDING! I love each and every single one of you and this board would not be the same if any of you left! grouphug

Number of posts : 16981
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Here is where we will discuss how we feel about what we would like to see in the way of recording and concerts for our fave artists.

ROCK OUT ADAM!!!!! :adamwings:

SING A FEW SLOW ONES ADAM!!!!! :adamwings:

MAKE ME DANCE ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!! thewave

BUT MOST OF ALL - MAKE SURE THERE ARE A LOT OF GORGEOUS PIX IN THE BOOKLET IN THE CD CASE!! whistle

biggrin

Also, Angel - I do not find anything argumentative. Just us voicing our opinions. We can have different opinions, wishes, ideas etc. and talk about them and it is not arguing. I have no problems at all if people don't agree with me! I'LL JUST BAN YOU ALL IF YOU DON'T!!

KIDDING! I love each and every single one of you and this board would not be the same if any of you left!
grouphug

You are a good cool person. I admit I get freaked cause I have been so used to having to shut up on the CB and when I do speak up I get trashed huge. I swear when I tried to defend Adam during the Clay and Adam debacle I got totally called out as a fake clay fan cause I am one person who loves so many of the idols. They said my point were not valid cause I wasn't a true fan :( You guys are totally different here and I know you guys are just stating your point like me and that it is okay to have lively discussions as long as we are polite to each other.

Should I edit all my post from the tour thread and bring them here. If you want that I will.

Shannon praying :angel3:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Posting my post from the other thread here to keep them in the right thread. Thanks for starting this. this is a good thread :)

Firecracker wrote:
Yep - and your avi is proof of that!! Damn! I could watch him do that move all dang day! He wouldn't even have to sing! That is just icing on thecake Laughing

I
remember Randy and Kara telling him repeatedly that rock is what he should record. I personally am really looking forward to a really rocking/dancing/upbeat CD from him!

I got enough ballads from Clay Laughing

Not being argumentitive but i have to say just one thing.

Adam needs to be careful that he doesn't turn off some of the fans that he got from doing the show. Some people totally fell in love with the mellow gorgeous amazing ballads he did. They mentioned liking the other stuff to but were more with the ballads. For me I loved his fast stuff to cause I adore "Play That Funky Music", and his live version of Born To be Wild. He has got lots of different fans.

The only reason I say he has to be careful is because Remember Ruben. Sooooooooo many people loved him and voted for him cause of how he was on the show. But
when his cd's were put out with him totally going a different direction than what fans saw on the show they totally didn't by the cds and many of his cd's didn't sell well. Ruben is a very talented singer but I even admit not liking his cd's. i have liked some songs from them but not enough to pay 13 bucks for. The same thing can be said for Taylor. People fell for him and then when his first cd came out many of his fans would not buy it cause the songs were not taylor. Clive pushed songs on. I admit I liked the cd cause I like good pop music and to me those were good pop music. Two songs of what he wrote,(they were from his previous independent cd's) and the Right Place were the only ones that WERE REALLY TAYLOR. That cd went gold but with the right songs and right promotion it could of sold more. Taylor's second cd was so much better all around but because it is on his own label it isn't getting the attention it should. All in all what I am
saying fans fell for a certain thing with Ruben and Taylor and look what happened afterwards.

With Kris I don't think i have to worry cause I think with him we are going to get exactly what we saw on the show just with brand new songs and I am just so exciting for it.
With Alli I say the same thing; We are going to get Rocker girl and that is what she was on the show two. Adam is just the different one cause we don't know what we are going to get. I admit I am kind of scared when he constantly says electronica. He has a kind of Electronica sound on one of his studio versions and I didn't buy it
cause I didn't like it. I really couldn't hear him and that pissed me off. It was sad cause I adored the live version.
I will buy whatever Adam puts out for the reason I adore him and I will totally support him on anything, but it may not be played all the time. I pray he totally mixes it up on the cd and puts something for everyone on it.

Okay that's my two cents on all this.

ETA:
I love Ballads and when it came to Clay his ballads were my fave. I didn't get to see him in concert all that much so i wouldn't mind seeing him sitting down singing slow stuff. Last time i saw clay live was the independent tour.

I am so a ballad girl it not even funny; give me a good slow song and I am dead. I like fast stuff to and have plenty of fast stuff on my ipods but you will see more ballads.

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Well for me - at the cost of concert tix, gas to drive there (I'm out in the sticks) parking, program - sorry, I want more than sitting on a stool for that kind of money. I can just put on the CD if all they are going to do is sit on a stool and sing a ballad.

If hubby and I are going to be shelling out over $200 (and we did each time we saw Clay) I want ENTERTAINMENT! I want a show! I want lights and a rocking band and up on our feet dancing.

Ballads in between a few rocking songs is just fine and most rock artist we have seen do that. Adam himself will need to sit and catch his breath. That is normal.

But no. It's not like the old days where we could see a concert with tix under $10 AND YES I saw Rod Stewart AND Deep Purple AND Southern Comfort at the Chicago Auditorium for $7.50!!! Bought a program for $2! For that price I wouldn't care what people sang!

HA - Sky, we could change avi's back and forth! I love the smile and kiss too! Now if we could morph them and he was swaying the hips while blowing the kiss - well, we might just fall over dead! 🤤

OH - and Gene Simmoms is an ass.

As far as the CDs Idols put out = people need to remember they are doing old songs/covers on Idol and in no way does that represent what these kids want to do. Adam has stated over and over he wanted to be a "rock" artist with electronic music. It should not come as any shock to anybody that that is the type of CD he will be putting out. He did plenty of rock on Idol and all the judges encouraged him to be a rock artist. So if people are "surprised" at his CD - I put that on them. Adam has made it clear. He needs to be true to himself - and he certainly strikes me as somebody who is always true to who he is as an artist and a person.

FC i know what you are saying and I know Adam has been saying this. People shouldn't be surprised but people are fickle fickle fickle. They don't get what they want they
move on. Being a fan of AI for so long I hear it every year that the AI watchers are not real cause they fall for a singer on that season but then the next season comes along and some of them are totally forgotten. This is a true and very very sad statement. I am one of the ones who when she has a favorite from the show she sticks with them.So for all 8 seasons I have about 28 people that I adore and if some of them would finally get signed i would have cd's from them. I have been told I am the rare fan that actually stays with all their faves from AI. My way of seeing it is if you took the freaking time to vote for them and to get them where they are you better support them totally afterward so they can have a career after AI. I will always support my favorites and by their cd's even if the cd doesn't turn out to my total liking. In saying that I know all are not like that and in this economy things are going to be far harder for Kris, Adam and Alli. Adam and Kris have both mentioned that they have to put out something really good to get the consumers to go out and actually spend money on their music...

ETA: The ones that have been totally able to keep their fan bases and build new ones are Carrie U., Kelly C. and Chris Daughtry. David Cook, David Archuleta and Jordin Sparks have been showing strenths for it but the book is still out on them for a bit. Jordins second cd success will tell me how it will be for her.

FC can we have a discussion thread? I am asking this cause when we are discussing stuff I notice my post get a little on the long side cause I am trying to figure out how to say what my am trying to say Embarassed I don't want to make our tour thread crazy.

Also FC I can totally see where you are coming from. My Dad is a person who when listening to music and stuff on the radio and tv he would rather not have ballads. He doesn't like Josh Groban because he doesn't like that his stuff is slow. He is always asking me not to play it around him. So if I am in the car with him I am always going through my cds that have faster stuff on it for him.

ETA: I hear ya on the concerts. I have been lucky to be able to see some of my favorite artist at the fair so all i have to pay is admission to the fair. I usually don't get memorabillia cause usually don't have the cash for it. But when I do it can get expensive. 20 to 25 dollars for a t-shirt affraid

ETA:
Someone told me this once. We here on the internet are sort of lucky cause We find treasures or stuff from the AI artist before they hit AI so we have a feel of what they are really like and what they would like to do, so I know what Adam and Kris fully want to do with their music and I am all for it, but there are the people who don't do the internet and only saw them and others on AI so they really don't know what to expect. I know it is shocking to not go on the net but there are some people who don't. I think those are the people that are always mentioned that the idols have to impress cause they are the everyday music fan who isn't all over AI!

Last edited by AngelWings on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firecracker
Admin

Number of posts : 70430
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:44 pm

No - we will just leave them. I posted the link to continue here. I do wish for Canear to bring her last post here though.

Thanks for the compliment! I try to be a good cool person :D I love lively discussions and debating. Trust me - my 18 year old and I have "lively discussions and debates" all the time! biggrin

Frankly I think it is fun and healthy! We can all be good on-line friends even if we like different things about different artists and subjects. The mentality at The CB is whacked in my opinion. Ripping on you because you love and support various artists is just bizarre.

EEK!! I see while I was typing you moved them all Laughing

That is fine! Thanks :hug:

Number of posts : 34310

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Ask and you shall receive! :D

Quote :
Quote:
Well for me - at the cost of concert tix, gas to drive there (I'm out
in the sticks) parking, program - sorry, I want more than sitting on a
stool for that kind of money. I can just put on the CD if all they are
going to do is sit on a stool and sing a ballad.

....and
that goes to show just how varied each of our tastes are because I
would be quite happy with a concert on stool so to speak. Clay's
Christmas shows were my favourite and I was so disappointed when I had
tickets to his last one and I couldn't attend because of the winter
weather. Crying or Very sad
Luckily for us Adam has the ability to either rock out or sit on a
stool and sing a ballad. Like I've said before I just hope he doesn't
go so rock that the voice gets lost in the shuffle. It would be a sin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngelWings

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Firecracker wrote:
No - we will just leave them. I posted the link to continue here. I do wish for Canear to bring her last post here though.

Thanks for the compliment! I try to be a good cool person :D I love lively discussions and debating. Trust me - my 18 year old and I have "lively discussions and debates" all the time! biggrin

Frankly I think it is fun and healthy! We can all be good on-line friends even if we like different things about different artists and subjects. The mentality at The CB is whacked in my opinion. Ripping on you because you love and support various artists is just bizarre.

EEK!! I see while I was typing you moved them all Laughing

That is fine! Thanks :hug:

Sorry hun. I only had two post that included your quotes in it so it is cool. we know what is going on!! Thanks again for starting it. I agree it is good to have some good healthy discussions because not all are alike and people are going to have different feelings on things. As long as talked about with respect to one another opinions and feelings things should be pretty cool.

Yeppers i was smacked down a lot over my years of being a AI fan. Worst year was season three. I wuved my George and I hated seeing the clay fans tear him apart every chance they got and i called them on it. They hated it but George is like one of the people who is so dang freaking sweet that it is a cardinal sin,(kidding here), to say smack of him. Fine to not like his singing but to rip him just for who he is BS and just freaking NOT COOL. Anyway back on topic yes the slap downs on people for loving artist has been my sore spot there and I think this year with the hate on Adam was the breaking point for me. i couldn't take the hate anymore. I still post there but I am usually here with you guys now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nouniness

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Moved post to different thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS   

Back to top Go down

WHAT WE WISH FOR IN RECORDING AND CONCERTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1