Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!

Go down 
+7
yollie950
foreveryoung
Sky
canear
AngelWings
teddyhugz
Firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990
Registration date : 2008-08-09

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! Empty
PostSubject: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 am

Put your details of your experience here!!!

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 am

Back from the show and let me just say one thing...

IT WAS SO AMAZING! Unfreaking believable.

INCREDIBLE!!!!

No words can describe just out of this world Adam really is. He's mesmorizing. It's exactly like my mom says he just sucks you right in. This energy around him just ignites and explodes. It grabs you instantly and never lets go. It only gets stronger and stronger by the second. There's positively NOTHING like it!!!! Holy crap and boy can he move and shake his thing. GAH!!!!!!

Allison was something else. Oh my gosh can that girl SING her face off!!!!!!!!! She knows how to work a stage brilliantly and she just moves with the music. She feels it and goes to this completely other world when she's up there. She blew the roof off and got people up on their feet. They were amazed by her. I was too! She rocked it. LOVE HER!!!! Behind Adam she was my mom's favorite. Neither one of us can believe she's ONLY 17! Just wow. So hard to believe she's got ALL THAT in her young body.

Kris was FANTASTIC!!!! He had a very different energy than either Alli and Adam but he totally held his own and brought it like nobody's business. He's also incredible to watch as his musicianship shines through magnificently. So talented and amazing. I loved his entire set. It was really rocking. Of course it was a different kind of rocking but it was still rocking!!!! LOL Did that make sense? BWAH!!! I am so damn happy he got rid NB! Everything flows exactly the way it should now without that retched song!

Matt was truly exceptional tonight. He's really fun and funky! Hard To Handle is a trip. At first I couldn't really picture that song being well suited for him but dang does he ever blast it out with that one!!! He's so awesome and I love him on the piano!!!! His voice seriously shines through so much more than it ever did on the show as does his true talent. He's really putting himself out there and showing the world what we can do. And let me say I love what he's doing and he needs to keep on doing it!!!

Anoop, that boy has got some serious swagger. Oh yes he does!!! He's pulling out all the stops for My Perogative. That number is lots of fun! Again it wasn't one that I had been looking forward to but he makes it work and gets the crowd going with it. Everyone loved him and there were many many people up on there feet for him including me. HA he even got people chanting "Noop, Noop, Noop!" I thought that was so cool! My mom loved him the best out of the entire first half. She was really moved by him and thinks he has everything it takes to make it. I agree with her too. He's very charasmatic. Love the dance moves!!!

Scott is really such a joy! He was far more better live than he ever came across on the show. The songs he picked for his set fit him extremely well. His voice is actually pretty rich and has a little something "there" that's very special. My mom and I were very pleased.

Danny, he was good. Although someone seriously needs to make him STOP dancing. Oh lawd. I don't know how he can even think what he does is dancing. But hey as long as he's having fun then so be it! Whatever floats his boat! I did like a couple of his songs and was grooving in my seat to them. The preaching is way out there. I was pretty put off. Yes it was inspirational, but it was way too much and I found myself frowning. All in all even he had a good set.

Lil, Michael and Megan were all good. Again much better in person. They were much improved. The sound was WAY too high for Michael's set though. The music really kind of drowned him out. So that kind of took away from the enjoyment. Megan is one gorgeous girl. Holy smokes. What I would do to be that gorgeous. (Although I wouldn't want to have her personality or brains.) It got a little eek at times, but nothing too terribele. Lil picked some good songs. Single Ladies is really the crowd grabber. She even did a little of dance moves from the video too!

Staples Center was packed to the rafters. It looked sold out to me.

People did sit down when Kris came on, but I saw many alternating between sitting and standing back up. I admit I did sit down for Ain't No Sunshine. It was only because I needed to regroup. I stood right back up for Hey Jude though and so did everybody else as far as I could tell.

Adam did say "bitches". At first I wasn't sure but oh yes he sure did. I furrowed my brow at that one. But I chalked it up to being because he was back in LA...

I wish some of them would talk and interact more with the crowd including Adam. I know they've got to stick with a script around each of their sets but it would be nice to have some change ups and have something extra in there. I don't know maybe the way the show is set up it doesn't give them the openess or leeway to do that. Even so I simply just want more. For instance in past Idol shows when any of the Idols had friends of family in the audience they would acknowledge them. None of them are doing that. Seems weird to me.

Errr okay what else? Can't think anymore. Brain is fried. Adam has turned me into mosh.

Will write more tomorrow if I can think of something else to add or if someone has a question.

All in all awesome concert! I enjoyed every moment ESPECIALLY ADAM!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 am

Teddy great recap of Concert. What happened during DSB group number. There is people going crazy for video cause it is being said Kris and Adam were doing the chicken dance and then Adam got down on one knee and acted like he was asking Kris to marry him and Kris started to bust up laughing. I hope you saw this.

Again great recap and glad you had fun.

Shannon praying :angel3:
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:00 am

Yes, I did kind of see Adam go down on one knee. Someone was partially blocking my view though so I didn't capture it on film. I tried my darnest to get as many Kradam pictures as I possibly could but it just wasn't working in my favor. Not only did I have heads in the way to compete with to get a straight shot I also had the BRIGHTEST most gosh dang ANNOYING light in the world to deal with!!!! It completely fudged up so many of my Kradam pictures along with others throughout the show as well. BLAH! I did happen to catch one pic of Kris busting up though. Many of my Adam pics are dark too because I was too far away for the stage lighting to take effect. So my apologies. I'm currently uploading my pics from tonight into my 4shared account. Some of them I know are crap, but I'm tired and don't feel like sifting through them to weed out that bad ones. Again sorry. I'll post the link in here when it's finished.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 am

My pictures! Almost 400 of them.... :D

Adam is on page 2, 3 and 4.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/17794828/24f25017/07-16-09_Idol_Tour_Staples_Center.html

And now I'm going to bed. Need sleep!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 am

teddyhugz wrote:
My pictures! Almost 400 of them.... :D

Adam is on page 2, 3 and 4.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/17794828/24f25017/07-16-09_Idol_Tour_Staples_Center.html

And now I'm going to bed. Need sleep!!!!!

Thank you and saw the pic where Kris is busting up :) lol! Great pics.

Now I am off to to try to get an hour or two of sleep before I get up to take a shower.

Shannon praying :angel3:
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

Number of posts : 41957

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:15 am

Wow teddy! I'm so glad you had a great time......and you didn't faint! I don't have time right now to go through all the pictures but I'll sure be doing it tonight! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 am

YAY! Teddy had a great time and took tons of pix!!

Sadly, I have no time today to look at them all. I will hardly be on-line at all today or tomorrow. I will check them out as soon as I can though!

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am

Teddy.........great pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Number of posts : 11264

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 am

Teddy that was great that you have such fantastic time at the concert and enjoyed Adam in the flesh.

Great pictures.
Back to top Go down
yollie950

yollie950

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 am

Teddy Pics came out great! thanks for the recap. Hope I get to see you and Shannon in SD tomorrow. I'm sooooooo excited!!!

Yollie :confetti:
Back to top Go down
dancingdigits

dancingdigits

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Awesome pics, Teddy!

I've been watching video and it seems to me that he really revved up the energy even higher for the L.A. crowd--maybe because he had friends and family there--but he took the gyrating and writhing to new heights of ecstasy. affraid Laughing naughty

His voice is holding up beautifully, too.
Back to top Go down
Glammelody

Glammelody

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:00 am

Very good pics Teddy.

Glam
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Well, I'm home safe and sound. Thank goodness. Shannon has a while to go yet. I don't think she'll be getting home until 8 or 9.

Yesterday was a complete whirlwind. I honestly don't know how I made it through the day not to mention the insane events from last night. How I'm even coherent and sitting up straight right now is seriously beyond my comprehension. To say I'm exhausted would be the understatement of the year. I am so far from exhaustion you have no idea. I think the only two things that got me through yesterday were due to having loaded up on caffeine and the sheer adrenaline and excitement of the concert. Because I had only gotten 3.5 hours of sleep Friday night. Plus all I had to eat in the morning was a small cup of yogurt before we left and then two small packets of Ritz peanut butter crackers on the train. But before I get into the concert let me go back a little bit.

I was so nervous about taking the train yesterday. It was my first time ever being on one. At first I felt this rush to my head while we were zooming down the tracks and when I tried standing up a couple times I immediately had to sit back down. Being on the train sort of reminded me of being on a cruise ship. The only difference of course the train is on land and not the ocean. I did get less nervous as we went along. Listening to Adam and Kris on my iphone made things easier and helped with the tension. I refrained myself from even looking outside the windows for the first hour as recommended by Shannon, but once we got to the water view it was just too gorgeous. I couldn't look away. There were so many stops along the way and one was at the San Pedro Pier. I loved looking out to the water.

Due to all the stops on the way, there were many - at least 10 different stops, we were a little late arriving to San Diego, but it was nothing to terrible. We got to the hotel just after 1pm and got assigned to our room. As some of you saw I posted pictures of the view from our balcony on my twitter account. That was some gorgeous view wasn't it? It was a beautiful hotel and it being right on the water suited me perfectly. As you haven't already figured out I love the ocean. I think had I known it was going to be that lovely I would have gone down there Friday if that had actually been a plausible option for me.

The two of us took our time getting ready for the concert and just relaxed. I sat out on the balcony soaking in the view for quite a while munching on cheddar goldfish crackers and drinking diet Pepsi. Shannon had her ipod on playing music in the background. We got to hear lots of Adam and Kris as well as some other stuff from the Idols to pump us up. It was a nice cozy little afternoon. I had wanted to get to the venue in time for the early meet and greet at the buses. I knew from the last few shows that usually if any of them come out then it's between 3 and 4. Sure enough that's exactly when they came out, but we missed them by a little over an hour.

We got to the venue around 5 and immediately went in search for the buses. They were all the way around the arena at the back. It was a very good spot though as it was fairly wide open and spacious. We hung out for 15-20 minutes just talking with those who had been there. I knew Matt had already come out because he twittered but I didn't know about anyone else. So we got the scoop and learned that Danny and Michael were the only other two that had been out. Shannon shared her scrapbook with a few of the girls as we were standing around. They totally loved it and wished they had thought of making something like that themselves. However, once we knew there was no chance whatsoever of anyone else coming out considering the time we went back around to the front because there was a fast food chicken place like right there. I don't even know the name, but Shannon does. I was so happy and relieved to finally get some actual food in my system. Thank heavens. I highly doubt I would have made it much further without something of substance in my body. I laughed at the sign right inside the door of the restaurant. I thought it was hilarious. The place was super packed and the line stretched out the door, but it didn't take very long to get up to the counter to place our orders. Speaking of which our server was super cute and super NICE!!!!! We was an absolute doll. Loved his smile and friendliness.

We got our food to go and sat outside on the steps of the arena and chilled. I'm glad we ate before going inside because I would not have wanted to spend the outrageous money on food these places charge. It was while we were eating that I got a call from yollie. It was 6pm and she and her mates hadn't even left the hotel yet. It's a good thing it was only a 10 minute drive! I couldn't really hear her very well and she couldn't hear me either. The reception I was getting was really bad. But we agreed she'd call me once they got there and that's exactly what she did. She and her friends had some AWESOME seats. I'm telling you, you think I had great seats she had better. First row on the side practically directly in front of the stage. Very nice to say the least! It was wonderful getting to meet her. We only got the chance to speak for a few minutes though before the show began. It was so brief. I wish I had gotten to have spent more time with her. She didn't even get to meet Shannon. Hopefully some other time!

So next up comes the show. I'll put that in a different post. Keep your eyes out for part 2!

Last edited by teddyhugz on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:01 pm

YAY RECAPS!! Great so far!! Girl you should have eaten more before you got on the train!! I love traveling on trains. Took one from Chicago to L.A. when I was a teen with my folks and a friend.

Can't wait to hear the rest!!

HOW COME I HAD NO IDEA YOLLIE WAS AT THE SAME CONCERT WITH YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY for Yollie!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Wow! Teddy, I can't wait for next installment! FC is right, you should have eaten before the train ride and packed a lunch or something.
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Sounds great so far teddy! Wow, your hotel sounds wonderful. San Diego sure is beautiful. I think if I ever get to California that's where I'd like to go.

Not eating is not good but I've always found that on concert days I always have butterflies so I don't eat much!

Can't wait for Part II loljumping
Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi teddy glad you are home.

Waiting for chapter II of: "teddy and Shannon's saga".
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 pm

(Sorry this took me almost two hours. I'm starting to drag horribly over here. You'll have to forgive me for any spelling errors, missing words and so forth)

Part 2 - The Concert - First Half

The concert began at about 7:15. As soon as those lights went out and intro video came on the crowd burst. You could seriously feel the buzz making it's way around the place.

Michael came out with a bang. It still amazed me just exactly how much better he is now. He really pulls off the songs he does. I particularly like his performance of I'm In Love With A Girl originally sung by Gavin Degraw. He got the crowd going fairly good and some were out of their seats just grooving away. People were very much enjoying him myself included. I still think the sound of the band was a bit too loud during his set. Then again maybe it's just me. As much as I've enjoyed him I just don't think that will transfer over enough for him in terms of a career.

Megan seemed to add a little more juice to her performance this time around compared to Thursday night in LA. She does really great at Put Your Records On. I don't care for the Amy Winehouse song at all. Just not my thing. Even so she sings good. I do like the unique tone to her voice. I always have because it's very different. In saying that, however, she's probably my least favorite of the bunch.

Scott simply makes me smile. He's extremely talented and knows the piano like the back of his hand. I was rooting for him all through the show this past season because I sensed something "lovely" there. Unfortunately. he never lived up to my expectations on Idol. I don't exactly know whether it was because of his songs or what. Then after he got kicked off I was a little surprised by how "in your face" he suddenly was during all his interviews. He was all about "me, me, me" and I didn't quite understand that. But his set during the concert is very enjoyable and when he gets up to briefly speak to the audience he's extremely charming. He has a great personality. I really think he has a very good chance at a career. So once again Scott was one of my faves.

Lil, put on another fun show during her set. Like Michael and a few others she comes across better in person now than she did on the show. I'm not a fan of Mary J Blidge so her opening song/s don't do anything for me. I prefer her much better on Alicia Key's song No One. She got some good love from the audience particularly during Single Ladies. I think that's probably her best song in terms of the crowd. But once again the band just seems to be way too loud. One thing is for sure she certainly lets loose!!!

Anoop! I love, love, love Anoop. He soars on Always On My Mind. The way he emotes while singing this sung is beautiful and his voice on it is so wonderful. Just perfect and crystal clear. That was my favorite performance of his on Idol. I am so thrilled he's doing it on tour. I think he has one of the better mixed and strongest song sets out of the bunch. One slow, one mid tempo and one fun/fast song. He seemed to have more juice in his tank this time around too. He was playing it up more for Mad and most definitely for My Prerogative. He was dancing more, getting the crowd up singing and moving, and just plain having a ball. I truly wish nothing but good things for him. I think he shines very bright on the tour.

Matt oh Matt. I love him too. I still can't get over how funky he is and how wild on the piano he can be. He completely tares it up during Hard To Handle. His piano skills are amazing and will have you spellbound. I found myself in awe. His personality comes through by leaps and bounds too. Far more than it ever got expressed on the show. He's such a cool and sly cat. I love the richness of his voice during Georgia On My Mind. So smooth. Beautiful. And his cover of The Fray's You Found Me is awesome. He too had some extra SPUNK in him. I loved that. Also I can't remember if it was him or Anoop or maybe both but one of them definitely gave Adam props and were glad to see their friend in his hometown.

The group number with the 6 of them (Michael, Megan, Scott, Lil, Anoop and Matt) is my favorite of the two group numbers that there are. It's fun, well balanced and so much better put together. I love how the guys are dressed so nice and handsome. The girls are beautifully dressed too. My two fave parts are Matt and Scott doing the dueling pianos while singing Tell Her About It. That seemed to be a huge crowd pleaser. The other part I love is when all 4 guys are lined up together like the blues brothers and whenever it's their turn to sing the spotlight is on them. It's so very cool. The way they all perform Beggin is just the best. When Anoop first comes out to start singing it he kills it. His voice is so strong and it rings through the entire place. Love it.

Intermission

Last edited by teddyhugz on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
canear

canear

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Wow teddy! Your recaps have to be the best I've read! Totally awesome!

I so agree about Matt. I just loved him on the show but I think nerves got the better of him. I think he should have finished ahead of Danny. Crying or Very sad Anyhow now he's where he should be, on stage performing! Somebody please sign him!!!
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Love your recaps, Teddy! So glad you and Shannon had such a fab time!! :confetti: Looking forward to the next installment to find out what happened after intermission!! :adam: lol!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Very good recap Teddy! BUT UGH!! Something tells me I won't get to read the second part of the concert recap before I hit the hay!

BTW - I didn't see many errors at all in your recap! Don't worry - I don't grade the posts for grammar and punctuation Razz Not sure how well I would do myself in that regards Embarassed

Back to top Go down
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Okay teddy it had been a very long intermission, time is Up!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Part 3 - The Concert - Second Half

Intermission ends, the lights go back down and the crowd reacts in a huge way; a way that was a lot bigger and louder than up to that point in the concert. There's a new feeling in the building.

Before we know it Allison is on stage with all of her awesome and fiery red hair. She's a little pistol this girl. She can never stand still and if she does it's not for long. She struts and bounces around the stage like it's her home and it's the only place she wants to be. I still constantly find myself asking the question, "She's only 17????" I don't think you could ever truly understand why that's so hard to fathom until you see her live. It's been a long time since I've seen a female singer with that much power. She exudes confidence and stage presence beyond her years. I definitely believe that she can rock it out with the best of them. I love her spunk and rock chic style. The way she wails on Cry Baby will make the hair on your arms stand up. And she performs Barracuda in a way I've never seen anyone perform that song. Ever. It's fun watching her especially when she goes all crazy with the one guitar player. She holds absolutely nothing back. She was more amazing than she was on Thursday and trust me she was amazing then too. There's no denying this girl is going places. She's simply too talented and captivating not to.

The excitement continued to build as Danny emerged immersing himself into PYT. That's one of my all-time favorite songs from Michael Jackson so I couldn't help but get into it. Danny actually performs the song extremely well too. The audience was eating it up. His take on Maria Maria still makes me scratch my head. The vocals are good, but for some reason Danny and Spanish music just doesn't mix for me. You can't say the man doesn't give it all he has though because he throws himself into this song. He certainly likes dancing and dragging the mic stand around with him too! I personally like and prefer him so much more on the Rascal Flatts songs he does. They might be two of the longest songs in the world, but the passion infused into these songs is so strong and great. His speech before My Wish wasn't as lengthy or preachy as it has been, which I was so grateful for. Again as OTT as he can get he's very inspirational and uplifting. He lost himself in My Wish and performed the song unbelievably. The crowd reacted to him in a huge way. They loved him.

And then as the place went dark for a few short moments the screaming that followed suit was like nothing I had ever heard before. It was deafening. Everyone was instantly up on their feet screaming and calling out Adam's name. It was pursued by stumping too. As soon as Adam's big intro began and those loud beats could be heard signaling the start of Whole Lotta Love the place erupted into a frenzy. Adam's voice rang out above it all and the moment he appeared and could be seen on stage things only soared higher from there. Everything was suddenly lost. Everyone was lost. I know I certainly was. I saw him do things and heard him sing notes I hadn't yet heard come out of him before. I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. Nothing in this world could ever compare to that moment in time. I have been to a lot of concerts and I don’t remember anyone ever receiving or creating the kind of response that Adam had got and it lasted throughout the entire first song. No scratch that because it continued during his under set. The energy pounding in the arena was electrifying. HE was electrifying. When he is up there singing there isn’t anything else in the world. It’s like he casts a spell on you and entangles you in his web of pure magic or something. I’ve got to say he can keep me in that spell for the rest of my life. I never want to be released from his web. Starlight and Mad World are the epitome of beauty. The notes he hits, the emotion he exudes, the body language, everything speaks for itself during those two songs. Stunning. Perfection. Heck, I think I even almost cried. The chemistry between him and Allison is crazy sick. The two are outstanding together. They give and take equally. It’s one of the best collaborations between two people I’ve ever seen. Oh gosh and don’t even get me started on the Bowie Medley. The three of the songs he does are so brilliantly blended together. Combined with the way he moves around the stage I was a puddle on the floor. His choreography might be silly and weird but let me tell you the way he does it oh goodness. I just can’t say anymore about him. He’s out of this world and no words could ever fully explain or describe him the way I wish they could.

Kris, my dear sweet gorgeous lovable Kris he did not miss a beat when it was his turn to take the stage. Oh no he continued where Adam left off (although it wasn’t exactly the same feeling but it was close) and he used the crackling energy of the crowd in his favor. He fed off of it in every way he possibly could. He came out banging with Heartless. The crowd made sure to show him the love. Sadly though there were people who did indeed get up and leave as soon as Adam finished. It completely broke my heart, but I imagine it broke Shannon‘s heart even more. For every person that we saw got up Shannon and I made sure to scream just a bit louder. At one point she let out this ear splitting scream. I vaguely remember looking back at her with this “Oh My Gawd” look on my face! Kris really did keep the party going. All The Things I’ve Done is a great song and having it follow Heartless in his set is genius. I admit I had never heard the song before, but I completely love it now because of him. When it came time to quiet things down a little bit with Ain‘t No Sunshine before Kris sat down at the piano he gave a shout to his friend Adam and told the crowd to scream for him one more time! Boy did we scream too! Kris babe you ain‘t got to tell us twice! Kris is an outstanding musician. I can truly see him playing to a crowd about that same size by himself. I honestly believe that with my whole heart. Yes, he’s a completely different artist compared to Adam but he’s amazing too all by his own merit. So although you may see people making a fuss read my words Kris is awesome and can grab you with a very tight strong grip. The crowd loved and appreciated him tremendously. One thing Shannon pointed out to me is when Kris gets up to rock the electric guitar the sounds you hear are coming directly from HIM and NOT the other guitar player. I laughed when the group came out to sing Hey Jude and Adam had that darned dorky cute hat on his head!!!! Not to mention he had this HUGE sweet dorky smile on his face too. The moment Kris saw him he busted up and Adam busted up right after. It was the cutest thing. Shannon and I agreed that it has be some kind running joke only between them and if so that’s adorable! Those two are simply just so perfect together. Oh how I adore them.

The big group number of DSB I can’t speak for because Shannon and I were bad girls and left during the middle of it in order to get to the buses. Hey, don’t look at me like that! It was her idea. I only went along with it. What??? You’d do it too if you wanted to!!!

So up next the saga of the buses.
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:20 am

Part 4 - The buses.

As I said when I posted briefly late in the
night the time spent at the buses was interesting. The experience is
something I'll definitely have with me for the rest of my life and in
more ways than one can imagine.

We got out there in perfect
timing to nab a spot at the beginning of the line. It’s where we stood
earlier when we had gotten there. Turns out some of the girls we had
seen there before had gotten a security guard to save them spots. They
had, had those fold up chairs all set up for their “spot” so they could
easily get to it without any trouble. Later on back at the hotel
Shannon had expressed to me that perhaps they had paid off the security
guard in order to do that. Then again maybe they honestly just
befriended him. We’ll never know of course. In any case those chairs
hadn’t up being folded up and moved but they were only simply placed
behind them and not completely out of the way. I knew that was going to
pose a problem and people were going to get ticked off.

I was
lucky enough to have gotten a direct spot in front. Although, clearly
it wasn’t as lucky as I had thought. It was next to those girls with
the saved spots. I had them on my left side and then I had another
young girl on my right. She was there with her dad and mom. She was
actually very nice and calm, but she had her “squeal” moments. I did
get annoyed with her at one point, which I had expressed while posting
on twitter, but she was nothing compared to others.

Shannon was
standing directly behind me but off a little to my side and with being
as short as I am along with “squealer” girl to my right being short too
Shannon had a pretty good opening there between us. It did packed and
people were pretty close to each other, but things started out fairly
good and we had breathing space. However, as time were on things
started to shift and suddenly it was starting to get a little stifling.

In
front of the barricade where I was standing there was also a huge
yellow speed bump sort of thing or at least that‘s how I‘m going to
describe it. I was standing behind the speed bump and the barricade was
on the other side of it. So it was me, speed bump and then the white
barricade. Let me note that the barricades were not that tall or sturdy
as it turns out.

It took a while for any of the Idols to start
coming out. The first two out were Lil and Megan. There was screaming
of course but nothing way out there. It was controlled. What wasn’t
controlled was the rush of everyone lurching forward and pressing
further in. I could totally feel the pressure behind me, but I was
dealing with it just fine at the time because I still felt pretty safe.
So the girls got quite the reaction and the crowd began to get itchy.
You know that excited yet nervous buzz that can move through a crowd.
That’s what was happening. I know I was getting antsy too for the
others to come out, but I’m not a “freak out” kind of person. I’m very
quiet and calm.

As we continued to wait for the others to come
out the pressure of everyone moving in closer and the shifting of
people’s positions began to take place things were getting rough. I
could feel the barricades slowly being pushed further out. I went from
standing behind the speed bump to standing halfway on it, to standing
completely on it. But I would not allow myself to step over it. I kept
my ground and stayed as steady as you can be in that kind of situation.
When people pushed forwarded I pushed back into them. I am me short but
I am strong when I want/need to be and I was not about to have someone
chuck me out the way especially some blonde chic who just weaved her
way behind me on my left side out of nowhere.

Now Shannon on the
other hand was steadily complaining more and more about being pushed
further to my right. I constantly looked back at her to make sure she
was doing alright. I even kept asking her about her knees knowing how
painful they can get from standing in the same spot for so long. Every
time I checked in on her she said she was still okay despite
everything. She expressed how bound and determined she was to give Kris
his scrapbook as well as have Allison and Adam get there cards with the
itunes gift cards inside. So let things be. But as time worn on I was
getting decisively more worried about her. She was seriously being
crushed in the swell. At one point I even offered to give Kris the
scrapbook and the other things myself so that she could get out of
there, but she wouldn’t budge. Later on when I reminded her of this
again while safely back at the hotel she instantly started to cry. I
immediately felt horrible and dropped the subject.

Some time
later Anoop, Michael, Danny, and Matt all came out one right after the
other. Anoop had the good sense to go down to the other end of the line
farthest away from us. I honestly think he was perturbed by the crazy
loony screaming girls in my section. Michael and Danny came to our side
though and the moment they reached where I was is when the shit hit the
fan. Excuse my French. Things completely went downhill and got so far
out of hand. The girls to my left and the girls behind me went
absolutely insane. Things were being thrust over my head and to either
side of me. All I could hear were the girls screaming and yelling out
to Danny and Michael telling them how hot they were and other various
*cough* things. The girls were reaching out for them and I distinctly
remember Danny putting his arms out over my head. I even recall feeling
his hand on my head too. Ick.

Things got so out of hand in those
couple of minutes I honestly don’t even know in what order I got the
guys to autograph my picture. All I know is Matt sped by only signing a
few things and then moved towards the calmer part of the line. It was
just a few short seconds after that Kris came over. The screaming got
worse, the pushing and shoving intensified, the barricade got shoved
forward and in an instant I found myself a few inches over the speed
bump. I still had my wits about me, but I could hear Shannon panicking.
She called for Kris over and over again trying to be heard over the
deafening screams. Finally she got him to see her and she quickly and
breathlessly explained to him what she had for him. He took the stuff
and gave it to his handler he had with him quickly making a beeline
past us to get away from the psychos. Once she got the stuff to him I
swear I knew Shannon was going rush out of there because she couldn’t
take it anymore and at long last had achieved her goal. But the next
thing I know I hear this gasp, a whole bunch of security rushes over
yelling get of the way, get out of the way and the moment I turn around
and look down there’s Shannon fainted on the ground. I was stunned
stiff. I couldn’t move. Somehow despite the chaos I was eerily calm. I
did not panic or anything of the sort.

Despite Shannon being on
the ground some people wouldn’t budge and had to repeatedly be told to
move the heck out of the way. It was mainly the blonde girl and a few
others who were being idiots. Oh don’t even get me started on her. What
a little witch. She was one of main reasons this even happened in the
first place. Not only did she shove Shannon she’s the reason I landed
on the other side of the speed bump.

But anyways security
cleared the area around Shannon and ended up taking some of the
barricades down to sufficiently make room and space for Shannon to
breathe. Within moments the paramedics arrived, placed her on a
stretcher and got her away from everything. It was then and only then
she started to calm down and regain her breath. I was with her the
whole time and aside from having a hard time breathing she spoke very
coherently answering all the questions asked of her promptly with no
slurring in her words. While we over at the ambulance shrieks could be
heard for Adam. But as quickly as they started they ended just like
that. Adam only went to the quieter side. Well, it wasn‘t so quiet
judging by the video, but it was a lot worse over where we hand been.
One of the barricades did in fact break..

After some time once
Shannon was okay we daringly went back over to the crowd, but while I
went up she stayed far back this time. I instructed her to stay away
too. I was very adamant about it. There wasn’t anything else to see
though when I got up there. As I said Adam had gone and come in a
flash. So we left and worked our way back around to the front of the
venue where we proceeded to wait for a cab. Needless to say it was not
until that moment the whole situation truly dawned on me and having to
wait out there for a cab in the pitch black after midnight did not ease
my nerves. I may have looked calm, but on the inside I was freaking
out. I was sure glad we made back to the hotel safe and sound. Due to
the crazy events though Shannon and I didn’t get to bed until 3:30. I
don’t think she even slept at all aside from an hour or two. She was up
at 6am. I was zonked out though.

The train ride back home was
quiet and mainly uneventful. The two of us practically spent the entire
time snoozing. Well at least I know I did. Although, there was this one
guy who was constantly on his cell phone making calls and receiving
calls airing out his dirty laundry and talking so damn loud the next
cart could have heard him!! It was a comical way to end our trip and
yet it was just so annoying.. In the end I was beyond thankful nothing
worse had happened and that overall Shannon and I had a very fun time.

------------------------------------

And now it's after 1am. How the heck did that happen? I'm going to bed. Goodness knows I could use it!!!

A
few other side notes. Kris had heard the commotion and had stepped back
over to see what happened. I'm not exactly sure what he saw if
anything, but judging by the look on his face he looked wigged out. I
certainly don't blame him in the least. At one point I swear it looked
as if he was going to back over to help, but I knew that would never
fly. I did twitter him though to let him know things were okay.

Errr
there was something else I was going to mention too but my mind went
completely blank just now. If I remember it tomorrow I'll post it.

Oh back to work for me tomorrow. 11-3. So glad it's only 4 hours.

Good night all. Hope you enjoyed my recaps! Pictures will come in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!   MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS! Empty

Back to top Go down

MEMBERS CONCERT RECAPS!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lady Friends :: OLDER INACTIVE THREADS-
Jump to: