Lady Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!

Go down 
+6
foreveryoung
Sky
dancingdigits
Dusty
claytoncavaliers
Firecracker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 19110
Registration date : 2008-08-09

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I love this one!!!

Quote :

Adam Lambert: The Hottest New Sex Symbol

Adam Lambert: The Hottest New Sex Symbol

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Adam_Lambert_Details_HeadshotThe guyliner god is getting ready to release his debut album next month, but first he must go to bed with the press to help promote all things Adam Lambert. Just mentioning his names gets people Fired Up and excited to see what the ex Idol will do to the music world. With publications fighting to get the first big interview with the star, Details Magazine won the battle. The American Idol runner up spoke to Details about getting bras thrown at him while performing, his Idol fans, and the release of his new album.

Step One for Adam Lambert was to go on American Idol and wake up the world. Never had we seen such a performer with such passion and charisma on stage. Immediately, fans fell in love with his versatility. One week The Rocker would come out looking all ripped up and sloppy just to turn around the next week to wear a tailored suit with slicked back hair. As soon as you thought you could peg Lambert, he did the complete opposite, making him not only a style maven but also one of 2009's hottest sex symbols.

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Adam_Lambert_Details

As many fans wait in anticipation for the new album, the only thing we can hold on to his is Idol past performances that made us love Adam Lambert. Those stimulating, music changing acts will have to fill the lull until Lambert's new CD comes out. In an all new exclusive interview with Details Magazine, Adam Lambert opens up about his performance style and his new role as a sex symbol. The American Idol runner-up said, "It's all fantasy -- that's what entertainment is. I'm here to entertain you, and if my sexuality is apparent and you respond to it, and you're attracted to it, then great, I'm doing my job. It ain't happening anyway!"

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Adam_Lambert_Details_2

The cool confidence that exudes from Lambert has driven women to the point of throwing their under garments on stage while he does his thing. It happened at most of the spots on the American Idol tour, the calm crowd would erupt in madness when Lambert hit the stage. In the new interview Lambert addresses this by saying, A lot of times I'll pick up a bra and play with it during a song. It's a way to connect. I t's like, 'I threw my bra up onstage and you're spinning it around. Cool. Yay." Stay posted for more Adam Lambert news and make sure you pick up his new album when it hit stores later next month.

Written By Colleen Joyce (Chief Writer)
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

Number of posts : 39636
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:50 pm

That was a good one Sky. I liked all the little Details pics added throughout too!
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 pm

claytonclayniac wrote:
EW interview w/Adam in the studio:

http://www.rcarecords.com/adamlambert/adamlambert_EW_instudio_oct_2009.bmp

Thanks CC! I've said it and will read it later. But I do need to go see if we got that issue in the mail yet. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
claytoncavaliers

claytoncavaliers

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am

American Idol's Adam Lambert Debuts 'For Your Entertainment': Is He The Next Elvis?

Oct. 31, 2009

Joshua Molina, HispanicBusiness.com

Drawing comparisons to Elvis Presley, American Idol's Adam Lambert debuted his new single "For Your Entertainment," on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest," Friday morning.

The song is also now available for live streaming on Lambert's official Web site.

"It's dance music with a glam rock shuffle beat," Lambert told Seacrest, who also hosts American Idol on Fox.
Lambert fans are likely to love "For Your Entertainment." It's retro yet original, edgy yet mainstream, and it features his trademark stylistic vocals toward the end of the song.

Lambert has become the biggest star in the history of American Idol and his new album is among the most anticipated in decades. With a masterful stage presence, wide vocal range, and flamboyant attire, Lambert's emerged as major breakout star, drawing comparisons to Elvis and Michael Jackson.

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/2009/10/30/american_idols_adam_lambert_debuts_for.htm

Wow! Short article, but some nice words about Adam here! ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Amazingly truthful article!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

Number of posts : 81990

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Awesome!!

And I am listening to FYE on loop while opening the door for Trick-or-Treaters!! AWESOME FREAKING SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! party

And to the Claymate who said it isn't catchy - what the hell is she smoking??!!!

It's so damn catchy it isn't funny!! I can't even sit still!

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:43 pm

It does make you 'move'!!! I had it blaring in the car this morning!!! On repeat!!!
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:48 pm

HA! I will look hilarious driving in the car bouncing up and down to that song!!! driving

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 1624476336773?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=XhPLl1Xb1bv-FdVhcbTpb_-IOxwd10xmnDqrmc1RoSY
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 pm

One of the best articles!!! That's exactly what I like to read! ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks for that one Sky!! :D

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:18 pm

I loved that article the other night when I read it first time. I love it even more the second time.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:24 pm

From the Phillipine Daily Inquirer

11/7/09 by Reuben V Napales (First of two parts)

LOS ANGELES—“I did this myself, yeah,” Adam Lambert said with a smile, amused at a female reporter’s question on who dressed him up or styled him today. “This is out of my own closet. I like clothes so …”

“This” is his version of glam rock—pinstriped jacket, T-shirt with Marilyn Monroe’s image, skinny jeans and silver boots. The look is completed by his trademark dark eyeliner ringing those blue eyes, spiky hair, black nails and striking rings on each hand.

Mix those elements with his chiseled facial features and an incredible singing voice—and wonder no more why women fling their underwear at him onstage even though he’s admittedly gay.

Beyond these physical attributes, the “American Idol” runner-up is remarkably grounded and sensible. Very confident and articulate as well, the 27-year-old singer gave a very moving comment when a reporter told him that he must have wonderful parents.

“I do have great parents,” he said. “My father is teacher-oriented. He was very much guiding me through. I always felt weird and kind of out of place. I remember my father from my early age going, ‘It’s okay. When you’re older, everybody is going to want to be your friend, trust me. The weird ones are the ones that everybody wants to be like when they’re older.’ I really enjoyed hearing that as a kid. He gave me a little tip. He was like, ‘Hold on, just hold on. It will all work out. It will all fall into place. People will understand you later.’ So that gave me a lot of confidence, being like a strange kid. And my mom is just as supportive.”

It’s all working out for the “strange kid,” probably way beyond what his father had imagined. Adam’s much-awaited album, “For Your Entertainment,” comes out on Nov. 23. He gets to sing the theme song of “2012,” the apocalyptic movie of epic proportions. Titled “Time For Miracles,” the song was composed by Alain Johannes and the late Natasha Shneider for the movie that stars John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Thandie Newton and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Interviewed by my wife Janet for TV, Adam disclosed that he has Filipino friends so he rattled off the Pinoy food that he loves: “pancit, adobo and lumpia.” Told that “American Idol” alumni David Cook and David Archuleta have been to the Philippines, Adam said that he wants to visit the country, too. He offered a message of hope to Filipinos affected by the recent spate of storms, according to Janet.

Below are excerpts from our interview with Adam.

Can you talk about your journey from “AI” to this point?

It’s been pretty wild because I didn’t think I would get as far as “Idol” at all. Every week that I got through, I was like, really, they voted for me again? So each time I thanked my lucky stars and just did what I do. I just didn’t expect all the support that I’ve been getting and it’s been really amazing, very flattering and very exciting because I’ve been working towards this type of career the 10 years that I’ve lived in Los Angeles. I’ve been working toward this so I feel like it’s all added up into this moment.

And this moment includes the release of your album and you singing the theme song from “2012.”

Yeah, as soon as “Idol” ended, I was busy that month, already working on my album, with different producers, doing writing sessions and then the opportunity came up for the “2012” song. Alain and Natasha’s demo for it was this beautiful melody, just a beautiful acoustic kind of rock feel and then with (producer) Rob Cavallo, we made it like an epic kind of rock power ballad that I’m very proud of.

“For Your Entertainment” is the first single off the album. It’s a lot different from “Time for Miracles.” What’s great about “Time …” is that it has a kind of classic rock power ballad feel. It appeals to all ages. It goes full on like Zeppelin or Queen rock toward the end but starts out with a beautiful melody. It does what some of those great classic rock ballads do. I’m really happy with it. As for the single “For Your Entertainment,” we wanted to release something that was dance club ready. I wanted to get people dancing, drinking to it and shaking and feeling kind of sexy.

Is acting also in your future?

I hope so, yeah. It is something that I’ve done a lot over the past eight or 10 years. If the opportunity came up and it was the right thing, I would love to be a part of a film. Right now, I am going to try to work on the album first. One thing at a time, right (laughing).

Talk about your androgynous look.

Even on “Idol,” I wear my eyeliner and my black clothes, my little rocker outfits. That’s just how I’ve always dressed over the past couple of years. You can label it however you want—androgynous, glam, emo, Goth. We can put a bunch of different labels on it but I’m just being myself. I like to pretty it up like all the good rock stars do. Mick Jagger and David Bowie did it and I’m like trying to do it now (laughter).

What can you say about your female following?

The female following is really flattering, with underwear flying up on stage (laughter). I never really expected that to happen but I’m enjoying it. It’s very flattering and I like the attention (laughter).

Five million people are probably trying to give you directions about your career. How do you know what’s the next step you should take?

I don’t think anybody ever knows the next step. I think “Idol” was a great microcosm for the way that this could work from here on. I was given the opportunity and what was so great about “Idol” is because it’s a contest. They help you where you need help. But they really put it in your hands which made it really exciting for me because I had to pick the song, what I was wearing, what my staging looked like, what the arrangement was, and obviously there were professionals in each of those fields who went and offered their advice and they were like, “I think you should do this. What do you think?” And it was all teamwork in a way. I think that was like a great way to experiment with how I would be received. Okay, this week I’m going to be crazy, over the top with my eye makeup on and screaming and wailing at the top of my lungs.

On the album, you went to many different ways …

I did. I went four or five different ways all on the same album. That’s what I decided after “Idol.” I was like, okay, I have all this classic rock that I’ve done. I got a lot of credibility from that but I also perform “Mad World” which is like a New Romantic, New Wave haunting ballad thing. I did a disco song and I did a bunch of different types of music.

I wanted to figure out a way to do an album that had cohesion to it but that was kind of a variety of different directions, just like what my experience was on “Idol.” I think we did it.

As far as your question on what to do now, I’m trying to keep following my instincts. Luckily, my team that I work with both at 19 and RCA have been really great with backing me and asking me like, well, “what do you want to do?” They’ve been very supportive. Maybe more so than people will think. It’s not as Svengali puppet master as people commonly think the “Idol” experience is. It’s actually been the opposite.

Can you talk about some memorable moments that have happened to you so far?

I remember that finale getting ready for the Kiss performance which was actually really funny. Black Eyed Peas were onstage and I love Black Eyed Peas. I love pop music as well as rock music and Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas walked in. I was getting rhinestones glued onto my eyes at a backstage makeup mirror. She just wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big squeeze. She was going, “I just love you.”

I turned around and I was like, “No, I love you! (laughter) ...” And then she said, “Look at your outfit, wow, you know (laughter). Is that thing painted on?” So it was great moment, just that kind of exchange. It gave me a lot of confidence going out there in my glitter platforms, thinking that Fergie thought I was cool. That felt good (laughing).

After you said in that Rolling Stone interview that you are gay, was there negative reaction from the fans?

Yeah. I mean, I’m sure. I tried not to pay attention to the negative reaction because that’s a waste of my energy. There were a couple of people who felt turned off by that. Quite frankly, if my sexuality is enough to deter you from the art that I’m creating, then you probably shouldn’t be my fan, anyway, because I’m looking to create fun music that’s entertaining and sometimes makes you want to dance. Some of the album tracks are emotional and very vulnerable. If you can’t get past that, then you’re probably not going to enjoy the music anyway, so to each his own.

(Conclusion tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Awesome interview. I so love how he handles questions and never dwells in the negative at all.

Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 am

Excellent interview! It's amazing how well spoken he is. It still baffles me how great he is at handling all the media. Looking forward to the conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Conclusion of the Philippine Daily Inquirer Interview with Adam

Why women still want this gay Idol
By Ruben V. Nepales
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 21:55:00 11/08/2009

LOS ANGELES -- “THE world of rock has a bright new star.”

Queen guitarist Brian May wrote those words in his blog after hearing Adam Lambert’s “Time For Miracles,” the theme song from director Roland Emmerich’s disaster film epic “2012.” When we asked Adam to comment on Brian’s effusive praise, the “AI” standout couldn’t hide his thrill. “It’s such an honor,” Adam said. “Brian May is part of one of the best bands out there ever...To have him give his stamp of approval meant a lot to me.”

Here’s part two of our interview excerpts with Adam, who grew up in San Diego, home to a large Filipino community. That could only mean rock’s new star has Pinoy friends so yes, he craves our food every now and then.

Was there positive reaction from fans when you admitted being gay?

I was a little nervous coming out. But I had to do it because there was so much speculation. I didn’t want to go through the rest of my career with people constantly trying to figure out what I’m about and getting into my personal life, so I just figured I’d crack it wide open. Now we can just get past it and make some music.

Would you sacrifice your trademark look for a movie role?

As long as the role is good, it doesn’t matter if I have to take off my eyeliner and nail polish.

What are the things you’re still struggling with?

Remaining levelheaded and grounded is a slight struggle but I’m doing good. Dealing with the lack of anonymity is a new adjustment but it’s worth it. I’m getting all I ever wanted so if I can’t go to the grocery store without being recognized, it’s a small price to pay.

Have your friends and family already said, “Come down,” or something?

No, they’ve actually been kind of affirming that I am staying that way—it helps to hear, “Good for you for staying on two feet, Adam.” I am like, “Thanks guys. If I ever start going up into the clouds too much, pull me down please.”

Can you look back on your first “Idol” audition?

That probably was the most nervous I was throughout the entire process. My heart was beating so fast. I was just trying to stay cool...Paula was really sweet and I kind of knew what to expect, but the minute Simon and Randy said they had their doubts, I thought, “Okay, this is your moment; fight for it.” I opened my mouth and said, “Come on, give me a chance.”

Have you seen “This Is It”? How influential was Michael Jackson to you as an artist?

That movie is fascinating. I was satisfied to see how he contributed to the creative process...doing choreography and musical arrangements...If something was not right, he went, “No, no, no, no,” because he just didn’t feel it.

Despite your admission in that Rolling Stone article, women are still attracted to you.

Maybe it feels safe for them. Maybe they feel like, “Okay, well, I can fantasize about this guy but I don’t have to worry about my husband being mad about it.” Maybe there’s a safety there because I’m not available for that sex.

Who were your musical idols when you were younger?

Definitely, Freddie Mercury...I discovered the music of the ’70s a little later though. I grew up with Michael Jackson, Madonna, the big pop stars of the ’80s and ’90s. Later, in my 20s, I got into the whole Summer of Love era, that whole movement in San Francisco. I got into Jimi (Hendrix), Janis (Joplin) and the Beatles, and then Led Zeppelin and Queen. I loved T. Rex and Sweet, Gary Glitter and Bowie.

nouniness

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 pm

He really is likable, isn't he? :)
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Very much so! :D

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 3:35 pm

He just seems so down to earth and well grounded but with a party side to him!! So very likeable.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 pm

I have no clue where to post this.

What the living hell is this?

http://poponthepop.com/2009/11/adam-lambert-penis-and-cd-for-sale/

Please tell me this article is a joke.

Shannon ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 223329 ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:04 am

I don't know what kind of credibility that site has if any but the quote they included is something Adam did indeed say in another article recently. I don't remember which one though. There's just too many of them to keep track of. As for the groupie thing that's something that site added in there to make it sound worse. Adam never used that word.

Loved the conclusion of the article Sky. Thanks for bringing it over!
Back to top Go down
AngelWings

AngelWings

Number of posts : 17592

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 am

teddyhugz wrote:
I don't know what kind of credibility that site has if any but the quote they included is something Adam did indeed say in another article recently. I don't remember which one though. There's just too many of them to keep track of. As for the groupie thing that's something that site added in there to make it sound worse. Adam never used that word.

Loved the conclusion of the article Sky. Thanks for bringing it over!

Well if this is anything like National Enquier I will know never to look at again. I found people talking about it on Idol Forums and thought to check it out to find this written. Oy I don't want Adam hurt.

Shannon ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 223329 ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 852399
Back to top Go down
teddyhugz

teddyhugz

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 am

Angel if you go to this link (this was also posted in music news and tidbits thread by CC) you'll see the way in which the quote from Adam about dating on tour was originally used.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/194406/adam-lambert-i-have-great-parents.html
Back to top Go down
Firecracker
Admin
Firecracker

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 am

OH, they are just making a joke about his "dating on tour" comment. There are a million sites on line that do things like this. It gets them hits.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!   ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAM LAMBERT PRESS REVIEWS!
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next